Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:30 AM

613 posts, read 958,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
LMAO if you think Congress gets its marching orders from media personalities and celebrities.
Do you really really think a Senator gives a rat's a** if Keith Olbermann says uncouth things?
Do you really think Congress cares if you threaten to vote them out when they have a cushy board of directors job waiting for them after their 'service'?
The marching orders comes from their sponsors: JP Morgan-Chase, barclay's, Deutsche Bank, Exxon.. just like Joe Gibbs Racing and all the NASCAR teams are a puppet of their sponsors. Government is no different. If it were, police officers would be utilizing their time making the streets safe, not by handing out parking tickets and hiding behind overpasses to ticket you for going 5mph over the speed limit.
Wow, had to read this one twice. So when the cop's ticket money finally gets to its destination, it has traveled thru Daytona, up north past Delaware and finally makes it into Bank of Ameica. Got it. LMFAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM

140 posts, read 372,809 times
Sent my thanks today.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 AM

870 posts, read 1,403,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD in NJ View Post
Sent my thanks today.

Spread the word.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM

29 posts, read 49,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
You have to look at this another way. He may not be the "intellectual" you say. But one thing does stand clear. Since Ed Schultz got into this and started shaking the tree so to speak, Well, I'll say it this way, The past 2 nights CBS & NBC have had spots about the long term unemployed. Mr Schultz may not have all the clout needed to get something done. But he is screaming loud enough that he has started getting attention. Now, Two of the big news companies have jumped in. I feel like Mr Ed has helped more in the past few months than anyone else has simply because he is in a better position to scream louder. That's what we need.CBS or NBC neither one has had a word to say about the unemployed. Until after Ed started screaming about it. Ed screams louder than we can. He's getting attention. Intellectual or not, That's all that matters.

I agree, and as far as I am concerned a lot of feathers are in need of being ruffled right now!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:59 PM

392 posts, read 702,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
Wow, had to read this one twice. So when the cop's ticket money finally gets to its destination, it has traveled thru Daytona, up north past Delaware and finally makes it into Bank of Ameica. Got it. LMFAO
Exactly! I can see why you're a truck driver!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Exactly! I can see why you're a truck driver!
Dang, you didn't do as good with that one. The name is my 4 year old grandson's nickname. Thats what he wants to be. I had over 30 years as a plant manager. Those truck drivers are pretty smart I heard. LMFAO

Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,041,260 times
Quote:
LMAO if you think Congress gets its marching orders from media personalities and celebrities.
What made them all rush in to write a 1 time personally directed law in the Shiavo case? Corporate sponsers? - I think not. Sure $ speaks loud, but they're as much media sycophants as anyone - - - - they fall for the "twitter" garbage as fast as the next guy! They may want to be rich but they also want to be what passes for "cool" now.

But -- if what you say is true - whom should we be directing our efforts to to get the message out there? No letters to congressmen, no media -- I should write to the CEO of some multinational?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
What made them all rush in to write a 1 time personally directed law in the Shiavo case? Corporate sponsers? - I think not. Sure $ speaks loud, but they're as much media sycophants as anyone - - - - they fall for the "twitter" garbage as fast as the next guy! They may want to be rich but they also want to be what passes for "cool" now.

But -- if what you say is true - whom should we be directing our efforts to to get the message out there? No letters to congressmen, no media -- I should write to the CEO of some multinational?
your energy would be better spent flipping coins into a wishing well than writing Congress. At least until a true public servant is elected instead of neo-nobility.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
Dang, you didn't do as good with that one. The name is my 4 year old grandson's nickname. Thats what he wants to be. I had over 30 years as a plant manager. Those truck drivers are pretty smart I heard. LMFAO
What plant did you manage? Poison Ivy? muhahahaha

Old 06-21-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
What plant did you manage? Poison Ivy? muhahahaha
Got ya on that one. Remember LMFAO. That's what everyone readin your posts is doing. Boy, bring yourself up alittle and go from bagger to at least cashier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies