Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Obama attended a ballgame Fri night and went golfing for the 7th time since the oil spill on Sat. Guess he has nothing better to do either.

Also Hayward is no longer in charge of the oil spill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What are you talking about? He did! I guess you don't think sending troops to Iraq was "such an event?"

YouTube - Now watch this drive!

Wow, that is pretty dishonest.

Bush: I Gave Up Golf For The Troops

"As violence in Iraq continues -- clashes today left 11 dead and 19 injured -- President Bush has for the first time revealed the great sacrifice he's made for the sake of our soldiers: he's given up golf."

"Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization's high commissioner for human rights."

Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Funny....

Old 06-21-2010, 01:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Getting back to the topic of the thread, since the deadly explosion (spill is such a polite euphemism!) Tony Hayward's every word has been torn apart by the press.

In no way am I excusing BP for safety violations and causing one of the worst environmental disasters in history, but his family was getting death threats and his privacy was being violated. I also think Joe Barton's apology to BP was a national embarrassment. However, we all need our heroes and our evil villains, and BP is currently the villain of the century. People are even boycotting their local BP stations, which is ridiculous, since they're franchises run by people who have nothing to do with the oil spill.

Television has unfortunately turned everything into a dog & pony show. Whether it's a Congressional Hearing or a Supreme Court confirmation, news reporters aren't much different from politicians these days. It's all about ratings and stirring up emotions or CNN wouldn't show the same oiled birds over and over again.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wow, that is pretty dishonest.
Are you calling me dishonest for posting that video?

We were attacked on 9/11/2001. Bush continued to play golf. We invaded Iraq on March 20, 2003. Bush continued to play golf.

Now read your post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

"Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad

Old 06-21-2010, 02:05 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
But I thought BP wanted to handle this all on their own, without the help of anyone.

I mean honestly, BP should be held responsible. They are the ones who built the rig without meeting proper engineering codes and regulations.

and Obama said he has been in charge since day one
he was golfing and also over the week end he went to a ball game
please~~
he talked for 58 minutes in Ohio and caused working folks to loose a day's pay
he has yet to bring all the help available to clean up what is pouring out of that hole, he is who I am upset with

Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
and Obama said he has been in charge since day one
he was golfing and also over the week end he went to a ball game
please~~
he talked for 58 minutes in Ohio and caused working folks to loose a day's pay
he has yet to bring all the help available to clean up what is pouring out of that hole, he is who I am upset with
Making yourself look very naive about what presidents do, and have done for a LONG TIME just proves you 'd rather bash Obama than pick up a history book or Google other Presidents.....

NOBODY should work 24/7....and that's assuming no work was done on the golf course....only really naive(stupid) people think there isn't.

Nope, repugs can only keep score of how many times the BLACK Democrat(take your pick) plays golf but didn't give a damn when Bush played more, and vacationed more than, any president(thankGAWD!)

However, NOTHING beats Barbara the Pig Bush playing a round of golf THE DAY AFTER HER DAUGHTER DIED!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Try common sense(I know Repugs HATE common sense , but TRY)....what would be different IF Obama never played golf, Bush never "cut brush", or TonySoprano never sailed....what would change?????

Answer: NOTHING.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Are you calling me dishonest for posting that video?

We were attacked on 9/11/2001. Bush continued to play golf. We invaded Iraq on March 20, 2003. Bush continued to play golf.

Now read your post again.
I love how you always seem to ignore that Bush stopped playing golf and how you are upset with Bush for playing golf but you always seem to ignore that Obama has played more golf in a little over a year then Bush did 8 years. You always seem to avoid that by bringing up Bush.

This is about Obama He is the current president now. He is suppose to be the change from Bush remember.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Try common sense(I know Repugs HATE common sense , but TRY)....what would be different IF Obama never played golf, Bush never "cut brush", or TonySoprano never sailed....what would change?????

Answer: NOTHING.
Common sense tells you that he could actually be in his office working on something to do with the country. Then again he would probably just start playing more basketball instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies