Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I hear it all the time from liberals... now, I would like liberals to define WHO is wealthy in terms of $$ income and HOW they cheat... I have asked many CPAs about it and its all been the same, unless you make 1 million or more a year, its pretty much impossible for you to cheat on your taxes... so, we have a tax code that penalizes those who make LOWER than 1 million while still providing the tax loopholes for those who make over 1 million... who makes over 1 million? Celebrities, CEO's, athletes, private business owners... and yet THESE very same people are worshiped by the liberals... so I don't get it... you hate them yet you worship them and then claim anyone but them to be tax cheats... so you penalize everyone else BUT them... they are a small EASY identifiable group.. yet you target everyone BUT them...
The lack of paragraphs and proper punctuation indicates you were probably not level-headed when you wrote this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
And how much do you have to have to get in this "underground economy"... like the CPA said, you need a huge income but liberals are fans of these very same people... while they penalize everyone else...
Not sure what you want to know.

As little as the babysitters.

As much as a contractor exchanging favors.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM

I think we would have to define "cheating".

Old 06-21-2010, 01:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree there is a huge underground economy. All cash.
Is that the main reason that most illegal aliens don't end up paying income tax?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default does that tax cosde come with a lawyer?

A tax code of gargantuan proportions written for lawyers by lawyers to include interpretive loopholes, many directed to accomodate political contributors and political alumni of both parties.

What don't you understand?

Remember the heralded attempts to simplify the tax code by one administration or another in the decades gone by? How did that work out?

Flat tax, done!

Huge savings by eliminating most of the IRS employees, their pay, insurance and pensions. Colossal cost savings in that alone!

With the current complicated tax code each citizen should get free access to a lawyer and accountant to help file. Not only do we have to ante up to the feds we have to support a whole industry of accountants and lawyers. What a deal!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is that the main reason that most illegal aliens don't end up paying income tax?
Sure.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
What unreported income? Most of the people I know don't have unreported income considering they work 50 hours a week... I don't think they can "do" more to get unreported income...
Exactly! Plus, I want to know exactly how one can 'unreport' W2s and 1099s.

Quote:
as for the charity, if you make a $10k contribution you WILL have to prove regardless of your income... anything over $500, requires a form and PROOF of the donation and besides that, the AMT will get rid a good portion of your charitable deduction...
I've mentioned the AMT on C-D before, but people don't seem to get that nearly all the wealthy pay their taxes one way or another.

Quote:
So where are the tax cheats? I talked to many CPAs who advertise "lowering your taxes" and not one of them says how other than maximizing the tax credits that everybody knows about....
I'd like to know where they are, too.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A tax code of gargantuan proportions written for lawyers by lawyers to include interpretive loopholes, many directed to accomodate political contributors and political alumni of both parties.

What don't you understand?

Remember the heralded attempts to simplify the tax code by one administration or another in the decades gone by? How did that work out?

Flat tax, done!

Huge savings by eliminating most of the IRS employees, their pay, insurance and pensions. Colossal cost savings in that alone!

With the current complicated tax code each citizen should get free access to a lawyer and accountant to help file. Not only do we have to ante up to the feds we have to support a whole industry of accountants and lawyers. What a deal!
Good grief. It isn't that hard.

I do my own taxes.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
This is another post yet I still don't see how anyone has presented any valid claim of how the wealthy are cheating on their taxes and what what level that income is suppose to be... sigh... the only way that I can think of cheating requires an enormous income (greater than 1 million a year)... and yet these people who make that much are worshiped by the liberal masses... so who does the liberal hate that cheats on their taxes... I am still waiting...

Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
This is another post yet I still don't see how anyone has presented any valid claim of how the wealthy are cheating on their taxes and what what level that income is suppose to be... sigh... the only way that I can think of cheating requires an enormous income (greater than 1 million a year)... and yet these people who make that much are worshiped by the liberal masses... so who does the liberal hate that cheats on their taxes... I am still waiting...
OK...Here is one link....

Four Members of Congress Caught Cheating on Taxes (Wizbang)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies