Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:46 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
hehehe... You remind of that progressive commercial... Are you a safe driver?
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM

783 posts, read 815,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I hear it all the time from liberals... now, I would like liberals to define WHO is wealthy in terms of $$ income and HOW they cheat... I have asked many CPAs about it and its all been the same, unless you make 1 million or more a year, its pretty much impossible for you to cheat on your taxes... so, we have a tax code that penalizes those who make LOWER than 1 million while still providing the tax loopholes for those who make over 1 million... who makes over 1 million? Celebrities, CEO's, athletes, private business owners... and yet THESE very same people are worshiped by the liberals... so I don't get it... you hate them yet you worship them and then claim anyone but them to be tax cheats... so you penalize everyone else BUT them... they are a small EASY identifiable group.. yet you target everyone BUT them...
Yes poor people are lazy thats why they are poor and welfare parasites they should not recive welfare even if it helps them out of poverty so they should not be allowed to vote becouse they are not not a result of society and the economy.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:37 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
...they should not recive welfare even if it helps them out of poverty.
How frequently does that happen?

From what I've seen here in violent Chicago (see the 52 shot over the weekend thread), the poor are perpetually entrapped by government entitlement programs and handouts. Take a wild guess who really benefits from those...

The Poverty Pimp's Poem (http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/politics/poverty/923-The-Poverty-Pimps-Poem.html - broken link)
War on Poverty Revisited (http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/politics/poverty/3864-War-Poverty-Revisited.html - broken link)

If you're unfamiliar with Thomas Sowell:
Thomas Sowell | Home

Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default class warfare ?????????????????????????????????????

Ya'll chasing your tail on this one.

Just ask yourself, did Tim Guitner cheat on his taxes or was the head of the treasury/IRS, Freddie and Fannie watchdog really just confused? Really, the tax code is sooo simple! We are left with a choice of Tim being too incompetent to hold his current position or that he is a well rehearsed tax cheat. In either case would you endorse him to run our economy as Obama did? Loss of faith here does nothing to encourage the electorate to embrace the current state of the tax code and its administrators.

The problem is, there is almost no way to determine if someone cheated on their taxes without litigation and appeals. To top it off the IRS acts like the gestapo and destroys innocent albeit confused people with outrageous fines. The federal income tax arena has become, 'a no holds barred' free for all stacked in favor of the feds. Unless you happen to head the IRS.

It stands to reason that the more money one accumulates, the more complex the tax code. A code that is typically interpreted differently from accountant to accountant may be acceptable to the tax code authors for their intent but it will appear as cheating to everyone else.

This is not about class warfare, rich and poor, this is about an outrageous and ruthless government agency and legislative representatives who enjoy an endless supply of taxpayer money for their own game of monopoly. Ask Nancy how her new office is coming along.

'Waste not want not' should be legislators' motto but all we hear are stories of waste over decades of legislative reign and presidential administrations. Class warfare my ass.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I went though two IRS audits.

Wasn't bad at all.

In fact in 07 I sat there with a nice lady and redid my taxes for 05/06.

She should me how to do things better.

Still got the same answer.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
In another thread I told you EXACTLY how it was done, in several cases that I knew about personally! your response: the poor can do that, too. . . .sure they can, so long as they have millions and especailly millions that create a tax debt that needs to be "sheltered" by hobby business that have no financial purpose except to create a "loss"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies