Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 08:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,328,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What? Ok Del, you're in over your head. $1,600/month is NOTHING in the life of a dancer. Please, be a little more reasoned in your thought process. $400 per week? Psshhh...the FAIL completely rests with your post.
Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
$1600/month +, and then pay for medication out of pocket (and work clothes, lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 08:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Quote:
What? Ok Del, you're in over your head. $1,600/month is NOTHING in the life of a dancer. Please, be a little more reasoned in your thought process. $400 per week? Psshhh...the FAIL completely rests with your post.
See question #1 in post 95. And q #2. And comment.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times
Quote:
Maybe she has bi-polar breasts.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Fail
Now you're reduced to one word. That's what I thought. I'm telling you. You should have never shown me your Ace In The Hole by telling me I can take "family values and throw them in the trash." Beause now you have NOTHING to stand on except that you're on this girls side.

You have no leg to stand on, so now these are the posts we get. LOL

Old 06-21-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
#1. do you think waitresses have to estimate/declare tips, and strippers dont?

#2. Say she doubles her income with tips. Do you really fear that she and her kids are living in luxury?

You seem enraged that she's not suffering worse. Why?

And, you know, WWJD?
1) Del, you really are naive aren't you? Apparently you've never had any dealings with waitresses or dancers on a personal level. It's common knowledge what the law states. It's also common knowledge how often that law is blatantly ignored by servers and dancers.

2) This is precisely where i'm heads above everyone else. The MENTALITY that drives this behavior is the problem! I don't care how much money she makes. She could make $1 million dollars and I don't care. If she's gaming the system to get tax dollars while raising 3 young children in a single parent home, then yes I have a problem with it. The mentality that drives this sort of behavior is not limited to dancers. I have said it over and over again. The fact that she denigrates herself for money only exacerbates the problem. It's the mentality of this girl and many people like her that's the true harm to this nation!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,585,067 times
Quote:
Now you're reduced to one word. That's what I thought. I'm telling you. You should have never shown me your Ace In The Hole by telling me I can take "family values and throw them in the trash." Beause now you have NOTHING to stand on except that you're on this girls side.

I am on the girls side up to a point. And your idea of family values and his ideas of family values are different. You seem to sincerely think that a single parents cannot raise children. I gave you some examples in my other post. I sincerely do believe single mothers and father can (not always) provide a good stable home.

I have a damn leg to stand on...I'm hopping...

Old 06-21-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You brought the SSI piece into the debate with the full intent to make it reasonable to assume that she was working within the bounds of the law to keep that SSI. Now, tell me. What reasonable person wouldn't be able to read between the lines and come to the conclusion that you believe she's reporting all of her income. Read your posts and try to keep up.
Ignorant, and incorrect, speculation

I didn't '[bring] the SSI piece into the debate'. You did [though it is disability and not SSI] in the the OP. In fact, isn't this thread mostly about those payments?

Quote:
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse: Ms. Sheets' suffers from bipolar disorder to the point that she receives government disability checks. BUT, apparently, that disorder does not preclude her from hanging upside down on poles or spreading her legs on stage. Ms. Sheets obviously does not fear the government taking her to task for her blatant misuse of government subsidy. Both the Government and Ms. Sheets fail abyssmally as stewards of taxpayer money.

Entitlement Mentality: Ms. Sheets' is so comfortable in her own contemptuous skin that she writes the Governor of Missouri to rally against the pending anti-stripper legislation while she accepts taxpayer subsidy for a disorder that supposedly keeps her from working.

Missouri Law Curbing Strippers Sparks Job Fight - WSJ.com

Ms. Sheets, and millions of people like her, embody everything that is wrong with America. Single-parent homes fueled by a government subsidy fueled by lack of government oversight fueled by an ever-increasing entitlement-minded constituency will be the doom of this nation.
Try to keep up.

Quote:
Here, i'll make it easy for you:

Were you not applying this to this young lady? Why, yes indeed you were. So, you were saying?
I was applying this to this young lady. Look at that, we agree on something. And we probably agree on even more than that.

As to what I was saying...well...exactly what I said.

The law is set up to provide disability payments to people who, due to a disability, cannot provide for themselves. It also allows for them to work and earn up to a certain limit.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Quote:
1) Del, you really are naive aren't you? Apparently you've never had any dealings with waitresses or dancers on a personal level. It's common knowledge what the law states. It's also common knowledge how often that law is blatantly ignored by servers and dancers.

2) This is precisely where i'm heads above everyone else. The MENTALITY that drives this behavior is the problem! I don't care how much money she makes. She could make $1 million dollars and I don't care. If she's gaming the system to get tax dollars while raising 3 young children in a single parent home, then yes I have a problem with it. The mentality that drives this sort of behavior is not limited to dancers. I have said it over and over again. The fact that she denigrates herself for money only exacerbates the problem. It's the mentality of this girl and many people like her that's the true harm to this nation!
Why did you pick this pitiful girl as an example of someone who games the system?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Ignorant, and incorrect, speculation

I didn't '[bring] the SSI piece into the debate'. You did [though it is disability and not SSI] in the the OP. In fact, isn't this thread mostly about those payments?

Try to keep up.

I was applying this to this young lady. Look at that, we agree on something. And we probably agree on even more than that.

As to what I was saying...well...exactly what I said.

The law is set up to provide disability payments to people who, due to a disability, cannot provide for themselves. It also allows for them to work and earn up to a certain limit.
I'll ignore the fact that you contradict yourself in the same post. On top of the page it's speculation, but at the bottom, when faced with your own post, we're all of a sudden in agreement.

Yes, you are correct that the law is set up that way. I have never once denied that fact. But its a bit naive to believe that this girl is cutting off her dancing at $700. Why would she? All she has to do is not report the rest of her income! But yet that's not even an option to a few posters on this thread. As far as they're concerned, if the WSJ didn't report it, then it must not be happening! But those of us who have a bit of common sense know what this girl is up to. It's not like fraud, waste, and abuse is uncommon.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Better one word of truth than 1000 words of ignorant speculation.

You tend to ignore whatever words you see fit, so what's the point really?

I've said it before, IF this girl is misreporting her income then the appropriate legal action should be taken. If she's not then there's no problem. She's doing the best she can with the current situation that she's in

Quote:

2) This is precisely where i'm heads above everyone else.
lol

Quote:
The MENTALITY that drives this behavior is the problem! I don't care how much money she makes. She could make $1 million dollars and I don't care. If she's gaming the system to get tax dollars ... then yes I have a problem with it. The mentality that drives this sort of behavior is not limited to dancers. I have said it over and over again.
I agree. And I've also said it over and over again.

PS any link to that facebook quote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies