Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
He and Barry Goldwater would be considered liberal. After all, Eisenhower presided and supported the interstate road system for which national defense was just a cover and Goldwater thought the ban on gays in the military was wrong. " The conservative movement, to which I subscribe, has as one of its basic tenets the belief that government should stay out of people's private lives. Government governs best when it governs least - and stays out of the impossible task of legislating morality. But legislating someone's version of morality is exactly what we do by perpetuating discrimination against gays. When you get down to it, no American able to serve should be allowed, much less given an excuse, not to serve his or her country. We need all our talent."

I'm not real religious but this nation was founded on the laws of the Bible [ I'm sure you don't that ] .

A nation without morals is a nation that will fail 'as evedenced in our decline '.

Where will it end and who will set limits ? Will brothers and sisters get to marry too ? How about all the zoophiles hanging around the PRIDE Parades now, will they get to drag Triger and Lassie down the isles ? Alternative lifestyles can mean anythign .

I can just see the ACLU in court now proving that Spot is not being hurt by the zoophile but actually likes him or her . They will bring out the military refusing medical care for Spot as bigotry and zoophobic ! They do have a point considering that ape that just tore that womans face off several months ago . They say he was jealous !

This thread is about a great American not about promoting homosexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What do you call the interstate highway system? It was a big govt. spending program, and it imposed federal standards on the states. Ike did favor "state's rights" on integration, code phrase for "doing nothing".
Ike had zero interest in domestic policy, period. He was clearly in charge when it came to foreign policy and micromanaged the making of foreign policy but delegated the making of domestic policy to the Cabinet and to Congress.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 PM

210 posts, read 173,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What do you call the interstate highway system? It was a big govt. spending program, and it imposed federal standards on the states. Ike did favor "state's rights" on integration, code phrase for "doing nothing".
i was referring to Goldwater. pay attention.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

This thread is about a great American not about promoting homosexuality.
I doubt Ike approved of homosexuality, although during WW2 when submitted with a report about widespread lesbianism in the WACs he refused to discharge any of the WACs named as lesbians, as he said that doing so would mean losing America's best female soldiers.

Goldwater OTOH thought that a person's sexuality was none of the government's business, and for years he was the best friend gays had in the Senate. As he said, "the military should only care if you shoot straight, not if you are straight."

Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,177 times
I think Eisenhower would very much be considered a 'liberal' in today's day and age. Lush Limpbaugh, Sean Crappity, Booortz, Faux News, etc. the rest of the clan would be trashing him. Sadly, he is probably the most ideal example of what a conservative should be as we have seen in 70 years. But the right-wing nuts instead choose to idolize Reagen, the idiot Bush, Limpbaugh, any 'evil-CEO', etc.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ike had zero interest in domestic policy, period. He was clearly in charge when it came to foreign policy and micromanaged the making of foreign policy but delegated the making of domestic policy to the Cabinet and to Congress.

Many families of illegals hated him and so do the illegals here today .

Ike understood that a nation without borders wasn't a nation at all . Reagan claimed to know this but proved himself a liar by giving 2 million illegals amnesty ,then they brought in their families and thats who we have destroying the nation now with 5000 different organizations determined to turn us into South America .

Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I doubt Ike approved of homosexuality, although during WW2 when submitted with a report about widespread lesbianism in the WACs he refused to discharge any of the WACs named as lesbians, as he said that doing so would mean losing America's best female soldiers.

Goldwater OTOH thought that a person's sexuality was none of the government's business, and for years he was the best friend gays had in the Senate. As he said, "the military should only care if you shoot straight, not if you are straight."

We needed nurses in the military and Idoupt many were lesbians . I also don't think Ike said they were the best nurses we had .

Goldwater was a fool and putting homosexuals in the military is the same as putting women in the showers with men . I say put the lesbians in the mens barracks and the homosexual men in the womens .

Watch rhe fems scream bloody murder !

Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
We needed nurses in the military and Idoupt many were lesbians . I also don't think Ike said they were the best nurses we had .

Goldwater was a fool and putting homosexuals in the military is the same as putting women in the showers with men . I say put the lesbians in the mens barracks and the homosexual men in the womens .

Watch rhe fems scream bloody murder !
That sounds to me like a very practical solution.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 PM

210 posts, read 173,011 times
Quote:
Many families of illegals hated him and so do the illegals here today .

Ike understood that a nation without borders wasn't a nation at all . Reagan claimed to know this but proved himself a liar by giving 2 million illegals amnesty ,then they brought in their families and thats who we have destroying the nation now with 5000 different organizations determined to turn us into South America .
It was actually 3 million, but who's counting. I too, never understood why Reagan is held as the posterchild of conservatism. I BEG to differ.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
That sounds to me like a very practical solution.

If they want to act like or are attracted the the same sex it would be the only solution . But then you'd have all the straight men saying they were *****,haha. ***** eye for the straight guy for sure .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies