Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times

Advertisements

This is the same thing every older generation says about every younger generation... yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

159 posts, read 144,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Nice way to hijack the thread. And...no...

I am against illegal immigration and legal until we can get ourselves out of this mess. I may not be as liberal as I was but I would be god damned if I ever voted for a Republican.

I like the libertarian point of view but face it. The Demoncraps and Repiglicans own it.

It shouldn't be about never voting republican, it should be about reshaping the republican party. Your values certainly swing right.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is the same thing every older generation says about every younger generation... yawn.
LOL. And the sad thing is that I am 22. I am not the older generation...yet....

Old 06-21-2010, 10:47 PM

210 posts, read 173,059 times
the biggest problem with society IN MY OPINION is the breakdown in family/respect/morals etc. it all starts at home, everything !

we are raising a generation of spoiled, materialistic wussies who take everything for granted and aspire to be like the cracked out, hookers of the media, the lindsay lohan/justin timberlakes of the world.

but hey, i believe in TOUGH LOVE

toodles

Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapoutofit View Post
It shouldn't be about never voting republican, it should be about reshaping the republican party. Your values certainly swing right.
The Republican party is too long gone to reshape. Especially with the religious delusional right.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM

159 posts, read 144,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX-ALBO View Post
the biggest problem with society IN MY OPINION is the breakdown in family/respect/morals etc. it all starts at home, everything !

we are raising a generation of spoiled, materialistic wussies who take everything for granted and aspire to be like the cracked out, hookers of the media, the lindsay lohan/justin timberlakes of the world.

but hey, i believe in TOUGH LOVE

toodles

It's the pussification of America.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
Theliberalvoice, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say, including the things you say about Republicans. I'm a younger person like you and (not something you really wish) I wish I could vote Republican but I find them too out of touch with everything. I like their views on fiscal responsibility and it's something we really need right now. I work in an office full of Republicans and I constantly have to fight with them why I am more moderate and not on their level with everything. I think the party has gone too far right and I don't know if I will ever be able to vote for them. I think what we really need is a third party, but who am I kidding if I think they will even be able to stand a chance in the next election or the one after that? :P

Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Theliberalvoice, I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say, including the things you say about Republicans. I'm a younger person like you and (not something you really wish) I wish I could vote Republican but I find them too out of touch with everything. I like their views on fiscal responsibility and it's something we really need right now. I work in an office full of Republicans and I constantly have to fight with them why I am more moderate and not on their level with everything. I think the party has gone too far right and I don't know if I will ever be able to vote for them. I think what we really need is a third party, but who am I kidding if I think they will even be able to stand a chance in the next election or the one after that? :P
Maybe we the younger generation should stand up and just say it. The generations before us screwed it up big time and we will pay the price for their mistakes.

I think of my journey through college and how much I have worked a lot on the side and sometimes wonder what it is all for. I mean, why not just have 3 kids and get a free house and get free money and health care?

They screwed this nation up and we will pay for it. We will pay for it big time.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Maybe we the younger generation should stand up and just say it. The generations before us screwed it up big time and we will pay the price for their mistakes.

I think of my journey through college and how much I have worked a lot on the side and sometimes wonder what it is all for. I mean, why not just have 3 kids and get a free house and get free money and health care?

They screwed this nation up and we will pay for it. We will pay for it big time.
I refuse to become irresponsible and go have 3 kids and a house while getting free money. Just not in my blood. I do know that people all around me here (and most likely where you are too) do that exact sort of thing while I go drive off to work every day. So it makes you wonder, but yeah I will never let myself get to that point. It's tempting, but yeah not just not going to go there, lol. Yes, they screwed up big time but they will surely stumble in here and find a way to deflect that.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 PM

210 posts, read 173,059 times
I agree, we need a new party in there. the libertarian revolution baby !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies