Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with extending the Family and Medical Leave Act to same-sex couples?
Yes 76 72.38%
No 24 22.86%
Not sure 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times

Advertisements

Why was there a need for the Government to make a proclamation like this anyhow. Family Leave Act. I mean seriously, have we fallen that far from decency in this country that the government needed to mandate that companies have to give you time off to care for a sick relative? It's common sense to me. Why are we rewriting our laws to accommodate a sexual perversion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why was there a need for the Government to make a proclamation like this anyhow. Family Leave Act. I mean seriously, have we fallen that far from decency in this country that the government needed to mandate that companies have to give you time off to care for a sick relative? It's common sense to me. Why are we rewriting our laws to accommodate a sexual perversion?
What is it that you find disgusting? gays? OR that a gov't has to mandate that its straight employees can take time off to care for a sick relative?
shockingly, I noticed that you marked "not sure" about whether the gov't should have done this or not. Why didn't you mark that you weren't in agreement with it?

Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If I co-habitate with an individual (which I have done for 15 years), am I afforded the same "rights" as the gays? Is the family and medical leave act being extended to straight non married couples?
It should be.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theberserkergang View Post
Ever hear of the term "legal guardian"?
Gays arent entitled to obtain "legal guarandianships"?

Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
I got nothing else to do.
Shocking. I figure a guy like you would have friends and dates out the wazoo.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
These silly arguments are too easy to pick apart....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
Why can't you follow it!! I see it coming, nothing in this world surprises me anymore. I'm not comparing human beings to animals, but gays just doesn't want to live their lifestyle, they want everyone to agree with their lifestyle.
I don't really care what you, or anyone else agrees with. I want the same rights that are guaranteed by the constitution (which I am sure most of you claim to cherish) and the equal protection clause, specifically. I think the overwhelming majority of gays would agree with this. It's not about what you or anyone else agrees with. You are more than free to disagree-- but not discriminate. The government can't discriminate either.

Quote:
There are people that agree with sleeping with animals and it's growing rapidly. So next they will be fighting for that "it's their preference"!!
Can you site a source for the rapid growth of the practice of bestiality that you claim? Who tracks these things?

Quote:
For those that don't agree with a gay lifestyle, don't agree with the laws that supports it. It doesn't mean you are less human than others. It means we don't agree with the lifestyle. Everytime an inch is giving, they are fighting for a mile. I think it's bigger than you just wanting it to be equal. It changes the whole dynamic of the world.
So, if you didn't agree with the emancipation proclamation, the civil rights act, woman's suffrage and the coming repeal of Don' Ask Don't Tell, it doesn't really matter. The movement towards equal rights for all will continue with or without your agreement.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What criteria would be used in the case of an unmarried homosexual partner to determine the validity of the relationship. How long would a homosexual couple need to be "together" to establish that they had more than a casual relationship?

I think someone mentioned earlier that they couldn't take FMLA for their "boyfriend" in a heterosexual relationship. Why are homosexuals receiving special treatment because of their sexual proclivities?
OMG i swear how many times do we have to go through this? If homosexuals were allowed to be legally married, there wouldn't be any need for "special treatment" Why are hetero couples afforded "special treatments"? They get to marry and reap all the benefits that come along with marriage. What the hell is wrong with you people that y'all have something against homosexuals being able to take leave from work to take care of their sickly loved ones? It's so pathetic when people let their hatred and bigotry get in the way of their humanity.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM

171 posts, read 212,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Are you happy going through life thinking that? You know it's a sin to be holier than thou.

Which 'you' are you referring to? Me or the general you. Because if you are referring to me, who are you to judge what I am or believe. Your're not God. I'm a good Christian who belieives God is Love. As long as I serve that purpose inwardly and outwardly, I am perfoming his mission for me.

I'm sorry you church or minister doesn't teach you that. If so, you should pay more attention, or get your money back.

I was responding to your post. I don't know you, but the language on your post - which I believe you wrote told me a little about yourself. Calm down don't be so upset. I'm not acting holier than thou, nothing in my post said I was. Possibly could be your wishy washy ways with your belief lead u to believe that I was. You can't take certain things from the bible and leave what you don't want. If you believe in GOD.. why would you only choose to believe he is love. But not believe the rest of his words. Yes, he is love!!! And, I love you - that's what my church and minister taught me.

Possibly you should take more time off blogging and put more time in reading his word. Because "the bent over on the mountain and the curse word is farrrr from Christian"

Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How do you prove YOU'RE GAY?!
Bend over. There I said it.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
Just the catholic ones.

Fortunately we aren't catholic.
rather be Catholic than some Bible-thumping know-nothing Protestant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies