Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 AM

178 posts, read 101,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Yeah, that dog might have been somebody's wife.

Come on, is a dog equal to a human, or not?
Who cares if it was someone's wife or not what an idiotic statement. Yes a dog is equal to a human I value a good pet over idiotic people any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 08:35 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,187,205 times
Let's see, the video shows the last 10 minutes of a 68 minute incident (according to the article.) Could it be that something isn't shown that led to the police doing this?

Definitely unpleasant, and doesn't look good for the cops, but, jeez, people...some of you really want the cop dead for what he did? Really truly and seriously? If so, those are some screwed up values.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Let's see, the video shows the last 10 minutes of a 68 minute incident (according to the article.) Could it be that something isn't shown that led to the police doing this?

Definitely unpleasant, and doesn't look good for the cops, but, jeez, people...some of you really want the cop dead for what he did? Really truly and seriously? If so, those are some screwed up values.

I don't want the cop dead, but he should be severely punished. Perhaps kicked off the force. What a pig.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,845 times
so why did the cop record this?

when he comes back up to the camera he shows a facial expression of remorse.

the way he was on the phone it seems like he was trying to reason with the person at the other end of the line, but was unsucessful.

overall it looks like he was ordered to shoot the dog, i don't believe he made that desicion himself.

i hope this video shows the leadership in law enforcement for what it is. uncaring and disconnected from what is really going on in the streets.

if the officer had access to a cage, they could have caged him and been done with it. he got control of the dog, the dog was not violent, just resistant. shooting the dog sounds like an order from a manager that doesn't want to deal with housing a live animal.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,187,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
so why did the cop record this?
According to the linked article in the original post, it was video from the police cruiser's video cam...

Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
This town does not have a dog catcher or, to be polite, an animal control officer?

Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 AM

137 posts, read 170,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Kinda graphic:

YouTube - ASPCA THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP: ANIMAL CRUELTY BY THE LAGRANGE MISSOURI POLICE DEPARTMENT part 2

LaGrange dog owner vows to fight for law changes - Hannibal, MO - Hannibal Courier-Post

After reading the story and seeing the footage, I do not think those cops were justified in shooting that dog on the spot like that. Then he had to let the thing suffer before he finally killed it. It was restrained. There was no need to kill the dog. The cops completely overreacted and made a lethal decision that was wrong. Like they do far too many times, day after day, year after year, with animals and people. It's getting easier and easier to hate cops. Yes, hate.
Anyone who can do that is simply evil. That dog wasn't even going that crazy, I've seen a lot worse at the Dog Park!

I hope those cops have nightmares and suffer PTSD from their horrific act. Those people should be punished for doing that.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Did you see that poor dog wagging her tail AFTER she had been shot???

OMG, yes I wish all the evil in the world on BOTH of those cops.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why do you have a problem with this? The owner has a whole kennel full of dogs, some of which are of attack breeds, has been ordered not to own dogs because of abuse, has failed to register this dog, let it run free so that it made neighbors feel threatened. Two police officers spent more than an hour at the scene trying to control the animal. Where was the "caring" owner of the dog during that hour?

Dogs are a menace to peaceful communities. They bark all night, they tear up and scatter garbage, they crap all over, they frighten children and chase cars. Yet we treat homeless dogs better than homeless people, we create public shelters for them, we feed them better and give them better medical care.

I have no particular love for cops, for a lot of reasons, but where is your hate for abusive and negligent dog owners?
First get your facts straight. There are many many loving and caring pet owners in our society, that do everything right, can't lump all pet owners, into the same category as those non responsible pet owners who should not have pets anyways. Most dogs are not a meance to peaceful communities, unless the pet owners are irresponsible, pet owners, and these are the pet owners, whom cops should go after. My dogs do not bark all night, tear up garbage, and frighten children, they are very obedient dogs, who never get lose, and are walked on a leash, many many responsbile pet owners besides myself. Look dogs that are abusive, are because of the conditions in which they live in, and the way that the dogs have been raised, these dogs cannot tell about the poor conditions in which they live, who they going to tell, it is sad, the way animals are treated in this Country, i am an avid animal lover, and belong to many animal causes. We should direct all anger to the negligent pet owners in society. But sorry a lot of times, Cops do overeact. I can surely tell, you are not a animal lover by any means.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:34 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
Yes a dog is equal to a human I value a good pet over idiotic people any day.
Then what's wrong with marrying a dog? Instead of an idiotic person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies