Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 PM

522 posts, read 1,793,888 times

Advertisements

This is nothing more than a pissing contest. Politics has degraded so far it is ridiculous...it reminds me children in a sandbox. Almost nobody believes McChrystal was poor at his job- orchestrating the war. His only fault? Insubordination to his boss. I get it- even if you're fantastic at what you do, you can't allow anybody to believe you got one over on your boss. So he gets the axe.

Bottom line: McChrystal is in charge of a lot of things that go boom. His job is to kill people and blow stuff up. Obama sends him over to the Middle East and says, "don't kill people and don't blow stuff up". Pissing contest. What the hell ARE we doing over there anyway? If Obama doesn't want the military to do their job, bring them home. If he's going to leave them there, let them do what they do best. There's not a whole lot of inbetween...it's WAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,344,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Like it or not Palin could do better then this moron we currently have in the WH without even trying. My dog could do better for better sakes.
Can my dog can run as VP? She's pretty smart and could definitely win in a battle of wits with Biden.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:18 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think it is now your turn to offer some links to prove what you are saying. What do you have that doesn't come from some blog like Kos.
A blog like Kos? Who even goes there? That's like FAUX NEWS, oh wait...

Investigators probing US money flow to insurgents - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/21/1692347/investigators-probe-us-money-flow.html - broken link)

Chairman Tierney Comments on Subcommittee Investigation Into the Department of Defense

The Associated Press: Investigators probing US money flow to insurgents

United States Military Funding the Taliban in Afghanistan - ABC News

BBC News - Investigators claim US money is funding Afghan warlords

FOXNews.com - Probers to Decide Whether Taliban-Linked Firms Were Extorting U.S.-Paid Contractors

Quote:
One of the firms under scrutiny is Watan Risk Management, one of the largest security providers in Afghanistan and owned by two cousins of Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
Watan representatives allegedly negotiate or dictate the price for security in a given area, according to the document, and also issue warnings to trucking companies that are late in paying or refuse to do so.
Yeah. That's gonna leave a mark.

That's what happens when you ONLY listen to FAUX NEWS. You miss A LOT of stuff that really matters.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
What if they come to an amenable decision about all this and Obama fails to fire McChrystal? Will you join all the left leaners wanting the general's head on a pike? I think there is too much politics involved here and many are trying to force Obama into what could be a bad decision.

MacChrys PUSHED for the failed strategic policy. IT'S HIS POLICY that he pushed Obama to pursue. Now he wants out because it's not working or he doesn't think that he can achieve the objective? A bad decision will be keeping someone who is as incompetent as MacChrys in place.

If he doesn't fire him, I will seriously loose faith in Obama's ability to essentially prosecute a failed Bush policy which is what MacChrys is/was pushing. He got his orders from Patraeus who received them from Bush.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
You know is quite possible McChrystal has some dirt on Obama that gives him extra leverage. Makes you wonder if say the Navy is doing some footwork to make sure they can contain him.

That would be a treasonous offense and would make Mac no better than the Taliban if that were indeed the case.

He's not and that's not the case. He's a weasel and is looking to quite after he failed to produce any results from a strategic effort he pushed, that was given to him by his predecessors.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Seriously , I am only pointing out what Janet Napolitano knows , that Obama and his crew have an increasingly growing body of enemies here in the US. I think your reacting to the fact that McChrystal has shown that at least part of military is unhappy with Oman and if certain lines are crossed by the administration there very well could be a fracture in the military as well as in the public sector. It's all in how you define treason and if say the Navy and Marines accept that definition. You wouldn't be so ticked of if you didn't think the same could be possible. Care to dispute that ? I doubt Obama will see the end of his presidency without being arrested.
He does indeed have enemies. And those who would attempt to "arrest" him will be dealt with swiftly and decisively w/ all force deemed necessary. Mac has shown his cowardice and failure. Like those who you seem to admire, they will also either be jailed or terminated.

Ticked? Only at the idea of traitors and seditionists in the midst of a great country and whose only purpose is to see it fail for their own self gratification. Ticked? Nah, kind of welcome them to come out of the woodwork. The blood of patriots will water the tree of liberty, and so will those who try to take it down. However, only the Patriots will survive.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Yep, I am quite willing to discuss this crap with you. One time Bush had that happen and you along with some other far left leaners just can't give in to the fact that Bush has been gone for nearly 18 months. Obama has made the same kinds of statements, and you know it. This 3rd grade arguing about who did what trying to top the other people won't ever change anything.

OK, I have admitted your argument happened and now I suppose I have to get some quotes from Obama and his WH people to shut you up. I don't want to do that right now but if you insist I will do it for you.
Well I'm happy you admitted the "argument" happened. However, you trying to re-write what the topic is, is another story.

YOU.

You were saying that Obama only treats the Constitution like a piece of paper. I was showing you that yours is an opinion, while the actual President who said that was NOT Obama.

You can try to dig up whatever you want. The point is and was made. BUSH is the President who violated and shredded the Constitution. And I would bet dollar to donuts you didn't utter one word against it.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 PM

128 posts, read 95,261 times
I was a stupid article from Rolling Stones. The general is not a public person and was unaware of consequences. He did not really say anything that bad and was frankly honest about the Obama regime.
With this said he is the best person to fight the war in Afgan! If Obama decides to fire the general
we will no doubt lose the war and his ratings will dip into the 20s.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM

128 posts, read 95,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Well I'm happy you admitted the "argument" happened. However, you trying to re-write what the topic is, is another story.

YOU.

You were saying that Obama only treats the Constitution like a piece of paper. I was showing you that yours is an opinion, while the actual President who said that was NOT Obama.

You can try to dig up whatever you want. The point is and was made. BUSH is the President who violated and shredded the Constitution. And I would bet dollar to donuts you didn't utter one word against it.
Obama was raised to dislike America! We all know Obama would love nothing better to burn the Constitution in the fire place. We indeed have a very dangerous president in office.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM

946 posts, read 2,603,538 times
Best person to fight the war in Afghanistan? I think that person would be you. Please volunteer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies