Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
lets see whats the topic of this thread, um your words, my words, uh, no Oh yeah Iran
Please excuse me for getting caught up in some minutia, I am past it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 02:48 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Please excuse me for getting caught up in some minutia, I am past it now.
I knew you would be but others can't seem to get over it

Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
You used these words to pose an argument that was inapt. You implied that my words were in that argument and that is where you have been wrong.

I will not continue with this puerile logomachy.
Oh, please. You said, "If you plan on attacking Iran and you need America to back you up are you going to announce it to the world or are you going to make things look like ordinary everyday actions."

And I pointed out that that's not an argument in support of some illicit actions. If everything looks normal, it may just be because everything is normal.

I don't know why you got so perturbed. I feel just like Mr. Kravitz.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
You have a point, but Iraq is winding down and no one is posting on the number of lost lives in Afghanistan (I do not say this disrespectfully). It also seems unlikely that the Afghanistan war could lead to another world war as the trifecta could.
You're praying for America going to war with Iran, aren't you?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
My praying for war would be as imbecilic as you and your post are.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
My praying for war would be as imbecilic as you and your post are.
I asked that because you seem to have calculated everything, played out the scenario in your mind, and certainly get excited at any news that points in the direction of Israel-Iran conflict.

Is there ONE instance when you have spoken against a war involving Iran?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM

[quote]
Quote:
I asked that because you seem to have calculated everything, played out the scenario in your mind, and certainly get excited at any news that points in the direction of Israel-Iran conflict.
It may be exciting to you but to me it is a concern, especially considering the possible ramifications.
Quote:
Is there ONE instance when you have spoken against a war involving Iran?
You ask this ^ while replying to this;

"My praying for war would be as imbecilic as you and your post are."

Looks like I nailed it huh?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 PM

425 posts, read 366,875 times
Quote:
Personally I am pretty sure it's part of God's plan , and I for one believe that a nuclear strike on Iran would be a key divisive move that would separate those who are God's and who are Satan's simply by how they react .

Old 06-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It may be exciting to you but to me it is a concern, especially considering the possible ramifications.
You ask this ^ while replying to this;

"My praying for war would be as imbecilic as you and your post are."

Looks like I nailed it huh?
I don't jump on every opportunity to start a post on Israel versus Iran, so there's your clue but only if you can get it. So, what led to your calculations about American military's preparedness? Hope for the war, of the hope that it never happened. Me? I share General Fallon's school of thought on the subject...

"This constant drumbeat of conflict [with Iran]...is not helpful and not useful. I expect that there will be no war, and that is what we ought to be working for. We ought to try to do our utmost to create different conditions... What America needs is a combination of strength and willingness to engage."

As for your opinion of me, it would be imbecilic of me to take you seriously on that one.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:19 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Nah, Israel does not have the cajones to march off without PaPa America's blessing. They need that allowance they get to pretend they are a sovereign nation, no strings attached.

Think of it like a rebelious pain in the rear teenager you have. They threaten but will never actually go through with anything, they know where their bread is buttered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies