Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They run. They snarl.

You know. Wolf stuff.
They run fine, but they make them snarl . Those inhuman b@stards .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
While its good that they aren't starved or beaten as in the past, treating them well isn't the point. Its like watching some poor serf/slave/land tenant/share cropper/indentured servants have to please a master. Sure they live shorter lives in the wild, but its their life to live.
If I gave you the choice live in 1 house and do only what I said when I said it and dance to my tune in return for a little longer life I doubt you would take it.
If you don't get it then you don't get it. Empathy requires not just the ability but willingness to blur the line between self and other in order to get a sense of the other side. Empathy is not particularly valued, thats obvious, but I think its important.
If you believe your a superior being that has the right to subjugate an animal for entertainment, not food, not survival, just your sheer uncaring enjoyment like some Roman Emperor, thumbs up thumbs down - then that's who you are.
Just don't lie to ;yourself' or anyone else about it. 'You' are not particularly compassionate about animals which despite all protests probably includes humans.

Last edited by Giesela; 06-23-2010 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I suppose you've never been to a circus or have never or will never take your kids to one? If you have or will ever have kids I suppose you will never take them to see that cute movie about a talking dog that they want to see in the future. I'm sure your disgusted when you see people walking around there dogs outside ON A LEASH as if they are animals or something .
Don't accuse me. These were not questions in good faith.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Doubtful that they are full-blooded wolves, more likely wolf-dog hybrids. But I haven't seen the new season of TB, so who knows. Ah, here is a link...

True Blood's Real Wolves

Old 06-23-2010, 05:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
While its good that they aren't starved or beaten as in the past, treating them well isn't the point. Its like watching some poor serf/slave/land tenant/share cropper/indentured servants have to please a master. Sure they live shorter lives in the wild, but its their life to live.
If you don't get it then you don't get it. Empathy requires not just the ability but willingness to blur the line between self and other in order to get a sense of the other side. If you believe your a superior being that has the right to subjegate an animal for entertainment, not food, not survival, just your sheer uncaring enjoyment like some Roman Emporer, thumbs up thumbs down - then that's who you are.
Just don't lie to yourself or anyone else about it.
You really don't know much about wild animal training and husbandry.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Don't accuse me. These were not questions in good faith.
Who cares if they were in good faith, they were questions nonetheless to try and show you are an incredible hypocrite if you do or don't get pissed off at these things.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
If I gave you the choice live in 1 house and do only what I said when I said it and dance to my tune in return for a little longer life I doubt you would take it.
If you don't get it then you don't get it. Empathy requires not just the ability but willingness to blur the line between self and other in order to get a sense of the other side. Empathy is not particularly valued, thats obvious, but I think its important.
If you believe your a superior being that has the right to subjugate an animal for entertainment, not food, not survival, just your sheer uncaring enjoyment like some Roman Emperor, thumbs up thumbs down - then that's who you are.
Just don't lie to yourself or anyone else about it. You are not particularly compassionate about animals which despite all protests probably includes humans.
OH PLEASE. Think of this from the wolves perspective for once. If I was a wolf or dog I would love to get the Hollywood treatment. Your being paranoid about nothing unless you can say the dogs were abused. Again I would love it if you could answer the questions I posed towards you in my first post in this thread. If you watch any show that has real dogs in it, or if you don't get disgusted every time you see a dog being walked on the sidewalk you sir are a hypocrite.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You really don't know much about wild animal training and husbandry.
Are you psychic? You don't know that. And I'm quite sure that opinions by animal trainers etc. about animal training, husbandry (neither of which I'm sure is all there is to know about the ethics of using wild animals for entertainment) is a monolithic block of agreement on anything.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:27 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Doubtful that they are full-blooded wolves, more likely wolf-dog hybrids. But I haven't seen the new season of TB, so who knows. Ah, here is a link...

True Blood's Real Wolves
Thanks for posting this as mosst people do not realize that you can't really train wolves to act at all.

I know a few people with Federal permits to keep wolves and many Hybrids over the years. The only thing you might see wolves used for are running scenes and close ups. You cannot teach them to fetch, rollover and other tricks as it goes against instinct. The OP would be better off protesting Alaska's cowardly Aerial hunting of wolves.

Hunting and shooting wolves is about as brave as hunting and shooting dogs, Which science has proved to be domesticated wolves anyway.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:13 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Gisela I love True Blood, but, I believe that the wolves used are treated well and I am very concerned about things like that. I understand if you wish to boycott True Blood, but, I know that my husband and I and many other viewers will not be joining you in said boycott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies