Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times

Advertisements

AP News : The Orange County Register (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PASTOR_GAY_MAGAZINE?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEM PLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)
He opposses Gays,while attending a support group for men struggling with same sex attraction. Time to just come out of the closet, another religous Hypocrite.

Sounds more like He realized He couldn't resist his gay temptations.
Apparently His Conservative views clashed with His reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
AP News : The Orange County Register (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PASTOR_GAY_MAGAZINE?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEM PLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)
He opposses Gays,while attending a support group for men struggling with same sex attraction. Time to just come out of the closet, another religous Hypocrite.

Sounds more like He realized He couldn't resist his gay temptations.
Apparently His Conservative views clashed with His reality.
*waits for repubs to come defend him or change the subject*

Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I am a Republican and I won't defend Him.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
I am an independent voter, and won't defend him.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
I'm an independent voter, and I don't give a damn

Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM

23,220 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Gee whiz! I'm Gay, out of the closet for years, and I find myself criticizing other Gay people, from time to time, and ?

There are Blacks that criticize other Blacks, Mexicans who criticize other Mexicans, Jews and criticize other Jews, White people who criticize other white people.

Is this a crime? Merely being human which can land you in jail today?

Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
No reason for him to lose his job. He appeared to be acting in line with his Christian beliefs; i.e., instead of succumbing to his unacceptable carnal desires, he sought help. No one has ever said, Christians can't have immoral desires. The thing is, they show strength of character by not acting on every urge. Try it. Not a bad idea.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
No reason for him to lose his job. He appeared to be acting in line with his Christian beliefs; i.e., instead of succumbing to his unacceptable carnal desires, he sought help. No one has ever said, Christians can't have immoral desires. The thing is, they show strength of character by not acting on every urge. Try it. Not a bad idea.
Here's how you wrap up the liberal mindset:

Christian tries to lead a life on the straight (no pun intended) and narrow: He's in denial and is constantly fighting his urges and is a closet homosexual or prude, and he's hateful

Muslim tries to lead a life on the straight and narrow: He's just trying to be a good Muslim

Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

Defend what?

He obviously attends the group because he doesn't want to indulge in what he understands is an unnatural attraction to his own gender.

Sorry kids, it's a fallen world and we all struggle with our own personal limitations.

I applaud him for taking timely proactive measures.

NEXT!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 PM

615 posts, read 545,211 times
Christians need to stop watering down their religion by trying to make it appear more acceptable to non believers (liberals, gays, atheist). It is clear as day Christianity is against homosexuality, and the people who have a problem with that probably aren't going to become Christians. So Christians changing the religion to make these people happy just makes Christianity look stupid and weak, and pisses off real Christians who take Christianity and its rules serious. You can't and shouldn't change a religion you believe to be devine to appease homosexuals, it is absurd. Stop being cowards ye Christians, and stick to Christian teachings, not some liberal hippy love fest modern day churches are becoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies