Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe the OP still refuses to admit that painting property he does not own and has not obtained the owners permission to paint is outright vandalism. Just another example of the entitlement mentality in action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 12:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I cannot believe the OP still refuses to admit that painting property he does not own and has not obtained the owners permission to paint is outright vandalism. Just another example of the entitlement mentality in action.
The OP did admit that...

He just said he only paints places where he doesn't think anyone would care (railroad tracks, under bridges, etc) rather than homes/storefronts.

I am not defending graffiti or vandalism, I merely wish to clarify that point.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The OP did admit that...

He just said he only paints places where he doesn't think anyone would care (railroad tracks, under bridges, etc) rather than homes/storefronts.

All property is owned by someone.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:54 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,794 times
I hate taggers and I hate graffiti. They can justify their actions all they want but the reality is that they are criminals and vandals. Taggers could give a crap about the hardworking honest residents and business people working hard to have a nice place to live and do business. They only care about themselves and their sick high they get from bombing and trashing a neighborhood. Sometimes they will bomb a neighborhood over and over. No respect for the residents who feel helpless and under siege. They suck the life out of an area and rejoice in the achievement of gaining status in their underground hip hop sub culture. I've seen what these losers have done and how demoralizing it is for the residents. I've seen businesses and homes tagged over and over again only to be cleaned over and over again. It is sickening to say the least. What a life to be proud of. Taggers are a bunch of spoiled disgusting ignorant punks.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
All property is owned by someone.
I never said it wasn't. Did you read what I said at all?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
I never said it wasn't. Did you read what I said at all?
Is RR property and under bridges (public property) OK??

Old 06-25-2010, 01:28 PM

448 posts, read 533,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If you would care to read back I did say this. But I'll say it again just to reiterate it. I'm aware I paint on some elses property and I know to the owner and mainly everyone, it's vandalism.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The OP did admit that...

I understand that you're not defending graffiti or vandalism, and I thank you for clarifying that point.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
If you would care to read back I did say this. But I'll say it again just to reiterate it. I'm aware I paint on some elses property and I know to the owner and mainly everyone, it's vandalism.
So stop breaking the law already! Is self-control really that difficult? What makes you or your so-called art so special that you think you are above the law to practice it?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I hate taggers and I hate graffiti. They can justify their actions all they want but the reality is that they are criminals and vandals. Taggers could give a crap about the hardworking honest residents and business people working hard to have a nice place to live and do business. They only care about themselves and their sick high they get from bombing and trashing a neighborhood. Sometimes they will bomb a neighborhood over and over. No respect for the residents who feel helpless and under siege. They suck the life out of an area and rejoice in the achievement of gaining status in their underground hip hop sub culture. I've seen what these losers have done and how demoralizing it is for the residents. I've seen businesses and homes tagged over and over again only to be cleaned over and over again. It is sickening to say the least. What a life to be proud of. Taggers are a bunch of spoiled disgusting ignorant punks.

My that was a lovely little rant. If that's your opinion then it is what it is, I appreciate the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies