Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:10 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,253,575 times

Advertisements

Good news on the nullification front! DEMOCRAT controlled legislature signs law allowing you to choose whether you want to buy healthcare or not.

Louisiana's Democrat legislature passes law against ObamaCare

Oh, if you're biased against examiner, here's a yahoo news article:

Louisiana Senate Passes Health Care Freedom Act - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20100621/pl_usnw/DC24065 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 05:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Freedom to pay 100% out of pocket? Plus the freedom to pay the annual fee for this freedom? Sounds like a fair deal to me

Old 06-24-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Freedom to pay 100% out of pocket? Plus the freedom to pay the annual fee for this freedom? Sounds like a fair deal to me
Or....freedom to buy insurance that is approved by you the consumer, not by DC central command.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Or....freedom to buy insurance that is approved by you the consumer, not by DC central command.
That's not what the article is about... but more important, the Health Ins Reform thing does NOT make you buy insurance you dont approve, or as "DC central command" directs.

Where did you get that?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
That's not what the article is about... but more important, the Health Ins Reform thing does NOT make you buy insurance you dont approve, or as "DC central command" directs.

Where did you get that?
Nah, I disagree. The insurance mandate requires citizens to purchase insurance. It also provides for the government to dictate what qualifies as insurance, subject to change at any time. Good thing LA is now free to sidestep DC.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,360,302 times
Exactly!

It’s not your responsibility to take care of me! Its none of anyone’s business what I do with my money. I don't own a fancy car or extravagant clothes, I pay for my own awesome healthcare service and now, as a Louisiana resident, you Obamacare folks can suck it! (Until King Obama puts a moratorium on individual healthcare!)
I called several Senators every week in support of this bill. WOOOT

Last edited by PCincorrect; 06-24-2010 at 05:59 AM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Nah, I disagree. The insurance mandate requires citizens to purchase insurance.
Or pay a fee.

This is just grandstanding by the states, who count on folks not to know any better.
Quote:
It also provides for the government to dictate what qualifies as insurance, subject to change at any time.
I dont know about "subject to change at any time," and Id appreciate a link to that, though it sounds like standard boilerplate legalese. As for "what qualifies as insurance" -- I think you're misconstruing the clause that describes what DOESNT qualify as insurance, which is basically varieties of scams. Not sure if you're doing that deliberately or otherwise.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Exactly!

It’s not your responsibility to take care of me! Its none of anyones business what I do with my money.
I called several Senators every week in support of this bill. WOOOT
Okay, good luck... "break a leg"

Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Or pay a fee.

This is just grandstanding by the states, who count on folks not to know any better.
Actually, it's a state law now. Louisiana is no longer subject to the federal mandate. Since the Constitution does not mandate health insurance, it's pretty cut and dry that the state has the ability to say no to DC on this one.

Quote:
I dont know about "subject to change at any time," and Id appreciate a link to that, though it sounds like standard boilerplate legalese. As for "what qualifies as insurance" -- I think you're misconstruing the clause that describes what DOESNT qualify as insurance, which is basically varieties of scams. Not sure if you're doing that deliberately or otherwise.
I have a discount program for my dental needs. To me, that's my "insurance". One can have the same for routine medical conditions or simply go to a doctor that does not accept insurance like the one in Apex, NC I go to.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,360,302 times
Quote:
Okay, good luck... "break a leg"
Awe, whats da matter? you can buy insurance? I'll bet you spend your money on hamburgers though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies