Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
UPI is no longer a credible news organization as it was bought 10 years ago by Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church, and only has a handful of employees.

Of couse, if Jesus were to come back and set foot in the USA - we all know what would happen to him ; a bearded Middle Eastern men without any papers or documents who couldn't speak English....put two and two together.

The irony is that many of the people who would be calling for Him to suffer extraordinary rendition or indefinite detention without trial refer to themselves as believing Christians.
The return of Jesus will come suddenly, as lighting would. Your prediction would require our government to act with lightning speed. Literally. And we all know the government does nothing fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
UPI is no longer a credible news organization as it was bought 10 years ago by Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church, and only has a handful of employees.

Of couse, if Jesus were to come back and set foot in the USA - we all know what would happen to him ; a bearded Middle Eastern men without any papers or documents who couldn't speak English....put two and two together.

The irony is that many of the people who would be calling for Him to suffer extraordinary rendition or indefinite detention without trial refer to themselves as believing Christians.
Well said!
A whole lot of christians have nothing to do with Jesus, except using his name to justify their own agendas.
To some, being a christian is nothing more than wearing a Jesus Saves tee shirt.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:03 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Well said!
A whole lot of christians have nothing to do with Jesus, except using his name to justify their own agendas.
To some, being a christian is nothing more than wearing a Jesus Saves tee shirt.
I know what you say here is not quantifiable. So how did you come to this conclusion?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
What are those 41% of Americans going to say if Jesus doesn't return in the next 40 years?

Or suppose he does, but the message he brings isn't what they want to hear.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Apparently a common problem among the evangelists.

Luke 9:26-27: "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."
Golly, HD, please do it again. Please try to remember that these people were trying to quote Him and writing about the same story. I have always been interested in how all those people told the same story. I find it interesting to consider how all those Catholic monks managed to keep writing all those words in longhand, since there were no printing presses in the Middle Ages, and keep telling the same story since they didn't all work in the same monasteries and many never met each other. This indicates a lot of what the Bible must be about and the very sincerity of what is in it but I don't expect you to see that.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Pascal's Wager: I believe in the Christian God and everlasting life in heaven. If i'm wrong, I simply get to rest in peace 6 feet deep like everyone else. If the non-believers are wrong, they get to spend life everlasting in "eternal damnation."

The way I see it, the believers' odds are better than those who refuse to believe in God. Something to think about.
Boy are you hot today on this subject!!! Keep it up as you may just break through one of those progressive shields.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Bible says that not everyone will enter into the gates of heaven. When I see and hear so many people denouncing Jesus and the Bible as a work of mythology, I reflect back on these people and think "these must be the people that God said would not spend eternity with Him." While I believe there are people who are convertible and will be converted, I also believe that there are people that God knew from the day of conception that those persons would not accept him.

Even the hairs of your head are numbered. No one escapes God's judgement.
In jest, I wonder where all the hairs on my head went.

Seriously I have to agree with all of your post although I feel very sorry for those who just won't even try to convert.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What are those 41% of Americans going to say if Jesus doesn't return in the next 40 years?

Or suppose he does, but the message he brings isn't what they want to hear.
He would certainly have a great deal to say about His native land.

While he would unequivocally condemn Hamas, he would also be exceptionally harsh on the Israeli government as well, not only for their treatment of Palestinians, but also for their treatment of Christians in Israel.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
The Bible also says that bats are birds and grasshoppers have four legs.
Does that Bible say that those who told the Story were scientists, biologists, or such like. Well, I guess nobody had all those things going for them back then, did they?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
There are many schools of thought, most inspired by the need to explain away some problem with scripture. I myself place very few expectations on God, after all, when you are the arbitrary ruler of the universe you can do anything you please.

But I would at least expect a competent God to be able to deliver a single volume of unambiguous prose.

also addressed by scripture. I wont bore you...

I do hope you find all you are looking for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies