Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 17 24.29%
No 53 75.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I imagine that is part of the reason for the discussion with the counselor.

What does government ownership of industry have to do with sex?
"a heart to heart" discussion with a counselor before a condom is given??? For a 7 year old??? Are you serious? This is ridiculous. And if you can't figure out the connection between the government's control over children/public schooling and the sexualization of children, I suggest you start doing some reading on the communist strategy to destroy Christianity, the family and morality in order to establish a secular state. I suggest you start with "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,647 times
I very much support this. I mean, I honestly don't think that most 7-year-olds are even going to have any idea of what sex is or what a condom is. At the same time, kids of all ages have sex, and to mandate an arbitrary age at which kids should be allowed to have sex is kind of silly in my opinion. I am by no means saying that first graders should or even will have gratuitous sex, but they should be available for any age group simply to be sure that those who need them, are given access to them.

Besides, how many first graders even know about sex? Hell, back when I was 6 or 7 I probably would've asked for a bucket of them, and gone and used them as water balloons! XD

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
The superintendent said that “if an especially young child requests a condom, the nurse will ask the student’s motive and act accordingly.”
That doesn't say they will hand over a condom to a 7 year old without question does it? I didn't think so.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I see this a big problem and schools should NOT be handing out condoms to 5-6 yr olds! If a 5-6 yr old is asking for protection, there may be sexual abuse at the home or involvement from parents at all if 5-6 yr olds are having sex.
!
Here's an idea. If a school gives a condom to a 5-6 year old, you come back and tell us, OK? Then we will talk about whether or not it is a good idea for a school to give a condom to a 5-6 year old.

Amazingly, most of the respondents to this thread seem to have this picture in their mind:
"Hey, toss me a condom, teach." "Sure, Dude, here ya go---have fun". No wonder you see this as "a big problem". But it's in your imagination.

It just isn't going to happen that way, whether the Dude is 6 or 16.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-24-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoZ View Post
I very much support this. I mean, I honestly don't think that most 7-year-olds are even going to have any idea of what sex is or what a condom is. At the same time, kids of all ages have sex, and to mandate an arbitrary age at which kids should be allowed to have sex is kind of silly in my opinion. I am by no means saying that first graders should or even will have gratuitous sex, but they should be available for any age group simply to be sure that those who need them, are given access to them.

Besides, how many first graders even know about sex? Hell, back when I was 6 or 7 I probably would've asked for a bucket of them, and gone and used them as water balloons! XD
That you! I've been saying the same thing.

I've already seen people on the threads debating what age WOULD be appropriate "14" no "16" no "15"...bla bla bla. Not a one of them knowing when someone is actually GOING to have sex. And for the record, I doubt most sexually active kids regularly get their condoms from the school nurse. I'd like to see some data on that.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
"a heart to heart" discussion with a counselor before a condom is given??? For a 7 year old??? Are you serious?
I'm not serious. I'm just the messenger

But, yes, a 7 year old requesting a condom probably needs to talk to a counselor.

Quote:
This is ridiculous. And if you can't figure out the connection between the government's control over children/public schooling and the sexualization of children, I suggest you start doing some reading on the communist strategy to destroy Christianity, the family and morality in order to establish a secular state. I suggest you start with "The Marketing of Evil" by David Kupelian.
Oh. You're one of those. [/attempt at rational discourse]

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not convinced schools SHOULD be in the condom business. But I also think you are slightly stoopid if you think kids having condoms makes them have sex. Or than you can keep your kids out of your sock drawer
The fact that the schools are passing them out equates to the school endorsing it. The school is an authority figure in the child's mind. It is in effect providing a sense of approval of kids having sex. I do not think the schools should be handing out condoms. Period. And I do not think anyone knows or should know about my sock drawer.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
That doesn't say they will hand over a condom to a 7 year old without question does it? I didn't think so.
Who is the nurse to judge a seven year old's "motive" for requesting a condom and make the decision to give one or not. State Control, anyone?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,647 times
Quote:
That you! I've been saying the same thing.

I've already seen people on the threads debating what age WOULD be appropriate "14" no "16" no "15"...bla bla bla. Not a one of them knowing when someone is actually GOING to have sex. And for the record, I doubt most sexually active kids regularly get their condoms from the school nurse. I'd like to see some data on that.
I know, right? I also like the part about the children having a meeting with a counselor before being given them. I definitely think kids should have a good idea of what they're getting into when they decide to have intercourse. At the same time I can see some counselors playing up their own personal beliefs, and perhaps giving the kids a biased viewpoint; but hey, can't win 'em all.
And yeah, that's a good point. I would venture a guess that most sexually active kids would get theirs from the corner store or some place, but I really don't know.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I'm not serious. I'm just the messenger

But, yes, a 7 year old requesting a condom probably needs to talk to a counselor.

No. A 7 year old, if it were not for the school offering them, would not be requesting a condom. But, if the public schools keep this up, more will be; the ones that don't have it provided by the pedophiles promoting this, that is.

Oh. You're one of those. [/attempt at rational discourse]
Yes. I have some sense of Family Values. I see a difference between "right" and "wrong." I think children are precious gifts from God and have an innocence that should be protected. I do believe in God. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies