Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 17 24.29%
No 53 75.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
I may have an extreme opinion, but at this age, I consider it sexual abuse.

There is NO valid justification for 5-6 year olds to receive condoms.

Edited to add: In fact, I feel so strongly that I fervently hope this becomes a legal test case.
I agree, guess the pedophiles would like to hand them out though.

It all goes back to the slippery slope. Why is the sex shop on the corner for children to see? Parents do not speak up since it's against this or that and mind your own business, then when it comes into their family---whoops it's too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It's not the schools job!!! Just so you know, having the state control your children is essentially fascism/communism. I know this is an anonymous message board, but if you're honest there's no way you're over 20, no way.
Really? Did you not see what I posted? And if you look at my profile you could see I am over the age of 20, but I digress.

What I said was that if the parents aren't raising their children properly by educating them on this serious issue, someone needs to.
Lets say you never talked to your daughter about sex, pregnancy, STDs, etc. Fast forward to age 30 -- She's married, financially stable and wants to have a child. Come to find out, she is barren b/c of a venereal disease that went untreated.

Comments?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It not only starts at the top, it appears it starts with gays.
It does seem gays are more "out there" in their sexuality. The only way some people see gays is gay parades so I can understand where people would get that idea.

If the gay community wants to be respected for who they are then they need to stop gay parades. Having sex out in the open is mostly against any one's standards so why do gays put up with such blatant behavior?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It does seem gays are more "out there" in their sexuality. The only way some people see gays is gay parades so I can understand where people would get that idea.

If the gay community wants to be respected for who they are then they need to stop gay parades. Having sex out in the open is mostly against any one's standards so why do gays put up with such blatant behavior?
Yeah, that's all those parades are for. Is for all the gays to get together and have an orgy-fest in the middle of the street.

Are you fing kidding me? How do you people come up with this crap?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Like the lady said during the interview: "If the parents aren't teaching their kids about it, someone else needs to." And I fully support that.

It's funny that most of the people who are against educating their children on sex also have a hate for young, unwed single girls that are mothers to bastard children... Guess what kind of girl that is?? One who wasn't properly educated on the topic of sex.
You can't say that---you don't know. Some kids think they are "safe" using condoms, then an opps happens. You don't know anyone who was an opps, most of us do. Married women say all the time---I didn't expect that one to happen. It's just sad when it happens to unwed people who are not ready to be parents.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Free condoms IF THEY ASK. It's not like some condom-driven agenda...

Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Yeah, that's all those parades are for. Is for all the gays to get together and have an orgy-fest in the middle of the street.

Are you fing kidding me? How do you people come up with this crap?

I get it by watching one----

Dailymotion - Chicago Gay Pride Parade - a People & Family video (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuhus_chicago-gay-pride-parade_people - broken link)

And this is a tame one---ever see the ones in San Francisco?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Free condoms IF THEY ASK. It's not like some condom-driven agenda...
If a 5 year old is asking for a condom I would be suspicious where they learned it? Do they have a pedophile bothering them and or showing them things beyond their age to know. This is how the authorities catch pedophiles---the kids are saying and doing things way beyond their years with sex.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You can't say that---you don't know. Some kids think they are "safe" using condoms, then an opps happens. You don't know anyone who was an opps, most of us do. Married women say all the time---I didn't expect that one to happen. It's just sad when it happens to unwed people who are not ready to be parents.
What's an opps?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:24 PM

An opps is a surprised pregnancy---maybe you were one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies