Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 17 24.29%
No 53 75.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:15 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
What does Jeffery Dahmer have to do with anything?
What she's saying is that she has no responsibility for what other straight people do, but if your average gay person wants any respect he or she needs to disrupt his or her life to make everything in the gay world right with her. Common mindset of a lot of bigots out there. They are individuals, but members of "other" groups are representatives that are responsible for the behavior of other people in their groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Free condoms IF THEY ASK. It's not like some condom-driven agenda...
THEY'RE FIRST GRADERS!!!!

If I ask my daughter what she wants to eat she'll say chips and ice cream for every meal every day. What is wrong with you people?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:18 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I believe he raped gays and killed them. Wasn't most, if not all of his victims boys and men? I do remember the one boy who tried to get help but a passerby believed Dahmer's story that it was just a fight with his boyfriend. And you know no one wants to report domestic violence between gays because they will get in trouble with the gay community for being intolerant.
I don't think you understood bratt's comment to begin with, b/c what your firing back is that brattpowered is wrong b/c Jeffrey Dahmer was a sick individual who was also gay.

What about Ted Bundy? He was straight and just as sick as Dahmer.

What I got from bratt's comment was people need to stop judging each other regardless of their sexual orientation b/c whether your straight, gay, bi, etc. there will always be ugliness.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Really? Did you not see what I posted? And if you look at my profile you could see I am over the age of 20, but I digress.

What I said was that if the parents aren't raising their children properly by educating them on this serious issue, someone needs to.
Lets say you never talked to your daughter about sex, pregnancy, STDs, etc. Fast forward to age 30 -- She's married, financially stable and wants to have a child. Come to find out, she is barren b/c of a venereal disease that went untreated.

Comments?
I just did. I can't believe you're a woman.....and a mom. I'm speechless.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Reason #3423 to choose homeschooling.
Exactly.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:28 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I just did. I can't believe you're a woman.....and a mom. I'm speechless.
B/c I don't want my son knocking girls up and having kids at age 12? I'm not seeing the bad in this. B/c the fact is, KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE SEX. PERIOD. And if you tell them not to, they are going to want to do it just as bad. Trust me, I'm young, I KNOW. So, rather than looking the other way, I'm going to educate him, let know why its important to wait, and tell him there are different ways to protect yourself.

The sad thing is the kids whose parents disapprove are suffering. Of course I don't want my child having sex, but I know he is going to eventually and I'd like to know that I was a good mom and provided him with all helpful and important information related to sex.

Thank you, I am done.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
Okay, first-graders are only 6 or 7 years old...definitely too young to be needing condoms. I'm liberal about many things in this world, but for a school to be offering condoms at that young an age definitely sends a message that it's "normal" and "okay" to be engaging in sexual relations...and IMO it's NOT okay, they're way too young to even be thinking about that stuff! If parents want to educate their kids at that young an age, that's their choice, but it's not for the school to decide. The fact that the parents can't even request that their child NOT receive a condom is ridiculous...when did educational institutions become the decision-makers about when a child is ready to learn about the birds and the bees? Every child is different, some can handle that information earlier than others...it should be the parents' decision, absolutely, at least until they're old enough to express that sort of curiosity on their own, without being "nudged" into it by the school system...or at least until their age reaches double digits, for crying out loud!

Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Had they said 6-12th graders, I may not blink an eye.

But 1st graders, is straight up pedophilia.

We can no longer keep them innocent, with this crap forced down our throats, because they know better than us peasants.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:31 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,135 times
Quote:
B/c I don't want my son knocking girls up and having kids at age 12?
Well then.....did YOU bother to TEACH HIM that it is far better to WAIT and just keep his freaking pants zipped?
Is this far too difficult to ask of a 12 year old....or does HE wear the pants in your family?

Quote:
I'm not seeing the bad in this. B/c the fact is, KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE SEX. PERIOD.
Especially if you encourage them to!
What age then, do YOU believe is the one in which YOU feel it's time to encourage?

Quote:
And if you tell them not to, they are going to want to do it just as bad. Trust me, I'm young, I KNOW.
Bet you DO too!

Quote:
So, rather than looking the other way, I'm going to educate him, let know why its important to wait, and tell him there are different ways to protect yourself.
Like, including ABSTINENCE in YOUR form of sex education?

Quote:
The sad thing is the kids whose parents disapprove are suffering.
How so?
Not happy using their own hands and fingers?

Quote:
Of course I don't want my child having sex, but I know he is going to eventually and I'd like to know that I was a good mom and provided him with all helpful and important information related to sex.
And apparently, they're NEVER too young for YOU to educate 'em.
Does your form of sex education include.....providing a pre-schooler with a condom, a banana to put it on...... and a fun show of mating season on the Animal Planet.......?

"Mommy.....how come that horse doesn't use one?"

Yeah, I bet you have fun explaining things (birds and bees) to the little ones!
Quote:
Thank you, I am done.

Teaching sex ed?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:31 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
THEY'RE FIRST GRADERS!!!!

If I ask my daughter what she wants to eat she'll say chips and ice cream for every meal every day. What is wrong with you people?
What is wrong with your daughter? My first grader knew what a well balanced meal was, and looked forward to cleaning up his plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies