Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

This wouldn't be a problem if Obama had lived up to his campaign promise and created all those 5 million jobs for Americans, not just for illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This wouldn't be a problem if Obama had lived up to his campaign promise and created all those 5 million jobs for Americans, not just for illegals.
With 10 million unemployed those 5 millions jobs would have reduced the number substantially instead of having it go UP.

I refuse to drink the koolaid.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

I refuse to drink the koolaid.
The kool aid has been really sour recently but the democrats still continue to drink it. It is very sad.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The kool aid has been really sour recently but the democrats still continue to drink it. It is very sad.
Way too many people are living along Da'Nile.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 AM

16 posts, read 9,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Finally someone making sense. This of course will never happen because Republican's like to fight whether they are right or wrong....it's just business!
I like to add that war is big business and a way for our conservative friends to line the pockets of their bed buddies ***cough*** Haliburton

Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree, we need to reduce spending and deal with this Country's debt. Now, what should be cut, the spending of Democratic programs? The spending of Republican programs? I would say, both. But determining which and by how much, needs to be a bipartisan process, with teeth. The President has established a Commission, but it has no official Senate authority. Why is there not a Commission in the Senate to do that? Simple answer, the Repubs who had called for it, backed out. It was apparently more politically advantageous to not address the problem. No other reason that I can see. You can spin it any way you want, but that's just the fact.
The President is gutless. He should show leadership and propose cuts rather than hide behind the skirts of some commission.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
Only a GOP Kool-Aid drinker would say something like that. Where were you when we spent a Trillion dollars in Iraq, going back for a refill?
It is cheaper to spend a trillion in Iraq than many trillions rebuilding a bombed out US. Are you suggesting the only place to cut is in the military? Typical lefty.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have several ways to CUT SPENDING that does not involve cutting off Unemployment Payments. It starts with firing all the military contractors and turning the tasks over to our soldiers. It ends with closing down 90% of our overseas bases and bringing the troops home to defend our borders. In any case it is far better for the money to go to unemployed workers than to parasitic financiers or over subsidized farming corporations.

I even have a way of lowering the deficit. Instead of borrowing the money tax it from the hyper wealthy. That would really put the Republicans in a complete tizzy.
Wow where to start, this is an embarrassment of riches to knock out of the park. First of privatizing certain military support functions SAVES money.

Great idea, let's minimize our military abroad, that doesn't look too isolationist does it? Please put out the welcome mat for our enemies.

Next time you are trying to get a mortgage, please let your lender know you think they are a parasite. Oh yeah the next time you charge your pork rinds remember the parasites.

Finally only a crazed lefty would advocate punishing the job creators.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy19125 View Post
I'm a 50yo professional who has been out of work since July of last year. I was on Unemployment Compensation for 46 weeks (not the 99 week maximum) and have applied for hundreds of jobs with zero success. Effective June 12th I have zero income...nothing. I own a home and live pretty simply, but nonetheless I along with millions of other Americans are in the same boat, and 200,000 more every week going forward for awhile are going to be in the same boat. At this point I would gladly take a minimum wage job, though statistics say I'll be competing with 5 others for the same job. Besides, what employer is going to hire someone for an entry level job with advanced qualifications? I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking those who somehow think that it's justified to throw millions of Americans under the bus because their political party is using it for political gain in the upcoming elections. Can everyone just please grow up and think about someone other than themselves?

I agree, the Democrats need to think about this person when they refuse to find one of their precious programs to cut in order to help this person.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:12 AM

The Dems can easily find the cuts..Pelosi gives up her jet and they ask Fed workers to take one day off per week or per every other week with no pay.

And that's WITHOUT knowing details of any other spending in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies