Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 05:48 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
The unemployment extension in HR4213 is just over $40billion. That is less than 5% of both the Iraq and Afghanistan War and MUCH less than the bank bailouts. This would help millions of people "here in America" put food on the table AND help stimulate the already suffering economy. This money is spent before it's even issued. Think about that for a second or two.
Tell your buddies who run the government (as a reminder the dems control Congress and the White House) to cut defense if they dare. They are a bunch of cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
The sandbox is for people that haven't been unemployed in the last year. I commend you for not collecting unemployment, you must be well off good for you.

Yes, I've been wanting one of those.

Meanwhile our government allows doctors to prescribe habit forming opiates and other drugs that are class A grade.

Land of the free home of the brave
Lets do away with this dopey sandbox nonsense. If not you will go in my sand box, that is for folks who don't pay income taxes. If you don't pay income taxes you have no say in how tax money is spent.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Tell your buddies who run the government (as a reminder the dems control Congress and the White House) to cut defense if they dare. They are a bunch of cowards.
They needed 60 votes. Difference was there were 40+ cowards on the right and a few from the left.

Quote:
Lets do away with this dopey sandbox nonsense. If not you will go in my sand box, that is for folks who don't pay income taxes. If you don't pay income taxes you have no say in how tax money is spent.
It's much easier to say "hit the sandbox" when your led into an adolescent conversation.

I paid into unemployment for 20+ years and collected for 99 weeks. Something a bit funny about that huh?

Also so you know unemployment is taxed.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:18 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:

I totally agree.

If you do not pay taxes and we have 47% of those people out there, then you have NO RIGHT to tell me how my tax money is spent.

I am beginning to think that that group of people should not be allowed to vote either because we all know how they will vote on every issue. Yes on all handouts and No on anything they is not handed to them. All on our money.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Your party is stopping emergency aid from getting to the people that make up the core fabric of this country. Like I said before this isn't a left vs right issue stop diluting the thread with partisan bickering.

Good! UE insurance has been extended way too long and the extensions need to stop!

At the same time, the (D)s are implementing policies that ENSURE UE rates even higher than they are now in perpetuity. What we need to do is create an atmosphere that is friendly, not hostile, to business. Many GOP members support that while the (D)s are doing everything they can to destroy business.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
They needed 60 votes. Difference was there were 40+ cowards on the right and a few from the left.

It's much easier to say "hit the sandbox" when your led into an adolescent conversation.

I paid into unemployment for 20+ years and collected for 99 weeks. Something a bit funny about that huh?

Also so you know unemployment is taxed.

LOL.The next time the Dems bring a bill that CUTS spending we can find out if there is any truth to what you assert.

If you are collecting unemployment you are paying no income tax so you have no say in how that money is spent.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Just what we need in America. Hundreds of thousands of desperate people with no lifeline. Wonder how that will affect violent crime and suicide stats.

Unless of course they all just start their own businesses and make millions off the Internet.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
The sandbox is for people that haven't been unemployed in the last year. I commend you for not collecting unemployment, you must be well off good for you.
That's just stupid.

Well-off? I wish. I'm extremely poor, always have. I just manage money better than most and don't expect the government to rescue me when things go bad.

You've been on unemployment for 99 weeks already and still losing all the stuff? Wow. You're quite a character.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
That's just stupid.

Well-off? I wish. I'm extremely poor, always have. I just manage money better than most and don't expect the government to rescue me when things go bad.

You've been on unemployment for 99 weeks already and still losing all the stuff? Wow. You're quite a character.
Yep. And now we shoudl double the UE payouts and extend them indefinitely.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
That's just stupid.

I don't feel like many people here know what it's like to have been unemployed during the last year. So most posters sound like hecklers in the stands that aren't actually on the field. I think that is a fair assessment considering the magnitude.

I've been working on/off the last two years in construction. I pound the streets advertising,cold calling and looking for employment,etc.. Don't pretend to know my situation unless you've walked in my shoes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies