U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2010, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,321 posts, read 43,465,097 times
Reputation: 7117

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
And the proof Obama knew is where?
Should Pres. Obama Resign Over Feb. 13? | The FOX Nation
Cracks Show BP Was Battling Gulf Well as Early as February - Bloomberg

I'm not surprised you didn't hear about this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
 
9,855 posts, read 10,037,851 times
Reputation: 2881
More par for the course from these peace loving, earth loving whack jobs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 PM
 
10,183 posts, read 9,695,854 times
Reputation: 9244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
And the proof Obama knew is where?

It's back over there, with the proof that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen and the US attacked itself and the war in Iraq is a personal vendetta.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-24-2010 at 11:14 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
 
1,230 posts, read 1,001,912 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
More par for the course from these peace loving, earth loving whack jobs.

Being peace loving and Earth loving makes one a whack job?

You don't want peace in the World, at all levels, including your community and family? You don't want to sustain our finite Earth, which provides you and yours with sustenance and beauty........ those little things like air, water, and food?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,084 posts, read 11,649,159 times
Reputation: 4125
I love it, people who complain about being lumped with the nuts who sent out death threats on the Obama health plan happily point and assign the same moniker when a nut from the other side sends one. You wonder why no one listens when some one complains about being lumped with the crazies.

Turn about is always fair play, and this just gets turned to one side and then the other. People can't complain when some one compares you to violent extremists when they do it themselves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 PM
 
34,995 posts, read 37,810,333 times
Reputation: 6191
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
More par for the course from these peace loving, earth loving whack jobs.
Only a whack job could love unAmerican concepts like "peace" and "earth."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 12:24 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
15,092 posts, read 12,912,745 times
Reputation: 14261
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is it really?

Obama to reap millions off Gulf spill



Since obama KNEW of trouble on this rig way back in February, somebody might have been given a heads up - to protect his current assets.
So here's the thing: every president always puts his investments into independent hands and transparent assets such as index funds - the whole point of that is to make sure that the president does not even appear to be under the influence of his personal investments.

Index funds are not like secretive hedge funds; they own a broad cross-section of assets, and they manage them uniformly for all investors in the fund. So when the fund managers decided to change the balance of assets in the funds for whatever reason, there is no evidence at present to support your assertion that they did it at Obama's request or with his knowledge of what would happen. My own financial advisor happened to pull back somewhat from the energy not long before BP happened to blow up, thus saving me money. Does that mean I am guilty of insider trading? I don't think so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
21,339 posts, read 18,192,593 times
Reputation: 4873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So here's the thing: every president always puts his investments into independent hands and transparent assets such as index funds - the whole point of that is to make sure that the president does not even appear to be under the influence of his personal investments.

Index funds are not like secretive hedge funds; they own a broad cross-section of assets, and they manage them uniformly for all investors in the fund. So when the fund managers decided to change the balance of assets in the funds for whatever reason, there is no evidence at present to support your assertion that they did it at Obama's request or with his knowledge of what would happen. My own financial advisor happened to pull back somewhat from the energy not long before BP happened to blow up, thus saving me money. Does that mean I am guilty of insider trading? I don't think so.
Damn those pesky facts....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 09:29 AM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,977,780 times
Reputation: 4237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is it really?

Obama to reap millions off Gulf spill



Since obama KNEW of trouble on this rig way back in February, somebody might have been given a heads up - to protect his current assets.
He didn't know there was going to be a problem, he knew the damn things was going to get blown up!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
 
6,902 posts, read 7,267,498 times
Reputation: 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
from the crazed, insane Left , no doubt. Again, how many examples do we have now of violent tendencies from the Left? They are piling up, probably due to the pressure on obama.

Judge Faces Death Threats After BP Gulf Oil Drilling Moratorium Ruling (http://www.bayoubuzz.com/buzz/latest-buzz/10729-gulf-oil-moratorium-judge-threatened - broken link)



And who was doing the attacking? The Left of course.



Meanwhile, obama stands to make MILLIONS from the oil spill.

Can you list the names of these folks or maybe the FBI or CIA findings from their investigation?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top