U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 12,773,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
How is Conspiracy Land?? Is it like Candy Land in anyway??
Nose candy more than likely.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 PM

21,347 posts, read 18,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Nose candy more than likely.
Haha I was thinking more along the lines of hallucinogens.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM

41,321 posts, read 43,484,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obama receives some 30 death threads every day. Following your logic they must be coming from the crazed insane right, no doubt.
The number of threats against obama is no different than any other president, according to the SS.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:52 AM

73,512 posts, read 43,472,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The number of threats against obama is no different than any other president, according to the SS.
It is the highest ever. Or at least it was last year. Maybe the threats have gone down from last year and are now at 'normal' levels. If that is true, then I take that for proof of the fact that the people are begining to realize that the propaganda about Obama's private army, concentration camps, taking our children away etc were all lies.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 AM

44,882 posts, read 31,991,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If he is being threatened that is obviously completely uncalled for, 100% wrong and I detest those who are doing so. Though of course the whole thing that Obama is going to make millions from the spill is completely made up bs.
Maybe you need to look at Obama and Soros as possible business partners especially if Obama can divert some of the deep drilling rigs (33) in the Gulf to Brazilian drilling. Soros did gain a huge interest in drilling in Brazil recently and I bet Obama could end up with some of the interests if he could get those wells moved to Brazil.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Soros did gain a huge interest in drilling in Brazil recently and I bet Obama could end up with some of the interests if he could get those wells moved to Brazil.
What kind of intrests are we talking about? How many US rigs in the gulf are currently under consideration to be moved to Brazil?

Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is the highest ever. Or at least it was last year. Maybe the threats have gone down from last year and are now at 'normal' levels. If that is true, then I take that for proof of the fact that the people are begining to realize that the propaganda about Obama's private army, concentration camps, taking our children away etc were all lies.
The Left keeps repeating this lie.

Secret Service: Threats Against Obama No Higher than Normal - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Secret Service: Threats Against Obama No Higher than Normal

Quote:
The director of the Secret Service today disputed widely-reported claims that President Obama is receiving more death threats than previous presidents.

At a congressional hearing into the White House security breach that took place last week, when Tareq and Michaele Salahi "crashed" the White House state dinner, Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan said the current threat level against the president is normal.

"The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said.
Got it now?

Old 06-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Left keeps repeating this lie.
"The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said. "

In the beginning he received more than any president, but this confirms what I said in my previous post. People realized the RW propaganda was all lies.

PS Bush received 8 threats a day, so that is somewhat less than 30. Not that I give a damn about how many they receive, because practically all of them bogus threats from a bunch of loonies.

"Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history

Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts. Although most threats are not credible, each one has to be investigated meticulously."

Old 06-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
"The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said. "

In the beginning he received more than any president, but this confirms what I said in my previous post. People realized the RW propaganda was all lies.
He certainly did not receive more threats in the beginning. If you're talking about that 400% increase, that was just so much BS, another manufactured story by the Left, that the SS dispels in testimony.

The threats right now, from when he took office to the day of the testimony by the SS, is NO different than the previous two presidents.

Gee, talk about trying to spin this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies