Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is it really?

Obama to reap millions off Gulf spill

Since obama KNEW of trouble on this rig way back in February, somebody might have been given a heads up - to protect his current assets.
I'm having trouble following your logic.

Are you saying that Obama knew of a problem and notified Vanguard of the problem, and Vanguard sold it's shares of BP because of insider information? That's a very serious accusation that you are making. What support for that accusation do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
When it comes to Obama, nothing is a far stretch, a lot of people are so not surprised by anything that he does or says. Doesn't sound like absurd stretch by any form of the imagination.
But it sounds like an accusation of criminal activity, based on nothing more than supposition. If there isn't any substantiation for the accusation, it could be considered slander and libel. And those are serious crimes, too. And easily substantiated by the statements on this thread.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm having trouble following your logic.

Are you saying that Obama knew of a problem and notified Vanguard of the problem, and Vanguard sold it's shares of BP because of insider information? That's a very serious accusation that you are making. What support for that accusation do you have?
There is not direct correlation to Obama, just like GS's sale and Tony Hayward's sale of BP.

They all reaped millions, directly or indirectly but it's all just fluke coincidence that they all sold earlier in Q1.

BAU. I'd still rather find out who bought those millions of airline options the day of 9-11. The SEC still ain't telling.

Greed and corruption can cause good men to go bad in an instant.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There is not direct correlation to Obama, just like GS's sale and Tony Hayward's sale of BP.

They all reaped millions, directly or indirectly but it's all just fluke coincidence that they all sold earlier in Q1.

BAU. I'd still rather find out who bought those millions of airline options the day of 9-11. The SEC still ain't telling.

Greed and corruption can cause good men to go bad in an instant.
Vanguard is a fund. My mutual fund buys and sells in similar quantities every day. It's insufficient proof for the accusation that's being made here.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Vanguard is a fund. My mutual fund buys and sells in similar quantities every day. It's insufficient proof for the accusation that's being made here.
Right..like I said.. a fluke coincidence.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right..like I said.. a fluke coincidence.
How many different funds, persons sold BP stock the week before the explosion? The month before the explosion? Were every one of these people involved in a conspiracy?

BP was reporting its problems to the mining agency in the Department of the Interior. And evidently reporting its strategy and success in plugging the cracks. Why would that information have been provided to the President? The Bloomberg article explicitly states that it's not uncommon for oil companies to deal with problems like these. While Exxon may have abandoned a well because they were unable to resolve the problems, how long did it take them to determine that they could not resolve the problem?

I'm just sayin', if you're going to accuse the President of the United States of insider trading, you ought to make sure you can back it up. Otherwise, I think it's reckless and destructive.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
How many different funds, persons sold BP stock the week before the explosion? The month before the explosion? Were every one of these people involved in a conspiracy?

BP was reporting its problems to the mining agency in the Department of the Interior. And evidently reporting its strategy and success in plugging the cracks. Why would that information have been provided to the President? The Bloomberg article explicitly states that it's not uncommon for oil companies to deal with problems like these. While Exxon may have abandoned a well because they were unable to resolve the problems, how long did it take them to determine that they could not resolve the problem?

I'm just sayin', if you're going to accuse the President of the United States of insider trading, you ought to make sure you can back it up. Otherwise, I think it's reckless and destructive.
There's been articles and that is public information that the SEC supplies.
I think it was either zerohedge or the Rolling Stone that wrote about who made all the sales before the blast.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM

16 posts, read 9,893 times
No where in the article does it say "left"

Another non thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,889,961 times
Ouch! My head is spinning!

I do enjoy a good insane rant from a teabagger though.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM

88 posts, read 75,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Geez, I though the left were the ones who were intelligent, open minded and all that and it was the Tea Party folks who were supposed to be nutts.

I guess I misunderstood.
I guess you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies