Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Did you have to go over the George Washington Bridge? When I saw how much the toll was last year, I thought they should throw in a couple of lottery tickets.

I like him very much but I think he needs to finish his commitment to NJ before he runs for President. They need him and he's no quitter type.
I'm in east Tennessee so I don't have to worry about the way onto the Island but I will say this...definitely needs to complete what he's started and then we can take a closer look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
He reminds me of Ironside

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM

4 posts, read 7,761 times
Christie sucks.

He has proposed eliminating a billion dollars of state aid to schools, cities, and towns, and has attacked the state pension fund. But then he has the balls to refuse to renew the Millionaire's Tax.

So he is not some great reformer, but rather a typical fat-cat conservative making the middle class carry the burden.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeHighlander View Post
Christie sucks.

He has proposed eliminating a billion dollars of state aid to schools, cities, and towns, and has attacked the state pension fund. But then he has the balls to refuse to renew the Millionaire's Tax.

So he is not some great reformer, but rather a typical fat-cat conservative making the middle class carry the burden.

NO!!! He told the school districts they had to get their finical houses in order and not keep trying to raise property taxes on home owners!! He forced them to cut the waste which is EXACTLY what needed to be done. NJ is corrupt to the core and needs a cleansing. To many school districts pay administrators ridiculous amounts of money, in my town the super of the schools makes $200,000 per year that is INFRIGGINSANE!!

He did not renew the millionaire tax because it would cause BUSINESSES to leave the state and take jobs with them. He is doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to clean up this state.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
The guy is brilliant.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeHighlander View Post
Christie sucks.

And here is the difference between liberals and people who understand what a budget is and where money comes from.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
And here is the difference between liberals and people who understand what a budget is and where money comes from.
ROTFLMAO!!

After Reagan and the Bushes borrowed 80% of everything this great republic owes not to mention the nearly $400 billion of annual interest we now have to pay on our debt. For comparison we spend about $100 billion on education and less than that on the infrastructure.

Since Reagan took over the rich folks made out like bandits when the Republicans were running things...that's a fact.

What a blind, FauxNews type of rightwinger you are!!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
ROTFLMAO!!

After Reagan and the Bushes borrowed 80% of everything this great republic owes not to mention the nearly half a trillion of annual interest we now pay on our debt. For comparison we spend about $100 billion on education and less than that on the infrastructure.

Since Reagan took over the rich folks make out like bandits when the Republicans are running things...that's a fact.

What blind, FauxNews type of rightwinger you are!!

more silly commie speak.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Chris Christie reminds me of ME!... I don't take BS excuses and special interests pressure... I wish Obama was more like Chris Christie... All that Harvard education and Obama is a peon compared to Chris Christie...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:38 AM

16 posts, read 9,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Chris Christie was interviewed by Neil Cavuto this week before a townhall meeting took place. This guy is my idea of a leader. He said specifically what he was going to do when he campaigned, got elected on it and now he's walking the walk even though special interests don't like it. He's got an in-your-face demeanor and some reporters are ...
They all tell you what you want to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies