Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,558 times

Advertisements

Do I believe in Fema camps? I don't know, it seems pretty far fetched at the moment. However, I do think that it's worth reflecting on the fact that this exact scenario has actually happened in the past, and the main lesson that I've learned from studying history is that it tends to repeat itself.

Just think, in the build up to WWII there were probably many Germans who saw it all coming. They watched in horror as this giant war and propaganda machine was being built piece by piece. They probably tried to talk about it or warn people and I'm sure that they were laughed at and called crazy. And to the credit of their detractors it was absolutely crazy, but it still happened all the same.

I'm no history professor, just your standard history buff. One of the more important lessons that study and contemplation have burned deeply into my soul is the fact that mankind is capable of anything: from the sublime beauty of Mozart to the nightmare of the Spanish Inquisition. It has often been said and I've come to believe that truth truly is stranger than fiction. Where human beings are concerned nothing is impossible.

The fact is that just about every state in the union has many de facto detention centers in the form of the many millitary bases that have been decommissioned over the past couple of decades. There they stand, just waiting for the right crisis or conflict to make them viable again. I don't see any reason to worry about it at the present moment, but who knows what the future holds? Those that study history have a better idea than most.

The further backward you look, the further forward you can see.
--Winston Churchill.

Last edited by Zekester; 06-26-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 AM

24,378 posts, read 22,994,302 times
I'm just wondering why some posters have to get so hyper defensive and derogatory in trying to debunk and deny the existence of the supposed camps. Most of them would take as fact the idea of global warming with just as little proof.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm just wondering why some posters have to get so hyper defensive and derogatory in trying to debunk and deny the existence of the supposed camps. Most of them would take as fact the idea of global warming with just as little proof.
Hyper defensive and derogatory? Let me personally welcome you to City Data. Elevating juvenility to an ever escalating art form on a minute by minute basis. Think it can't get any worse? Just wait a minute.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:35 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,357,677 times
Oh Boy! Camp! Will there be swimming and horseback riding?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,273,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
What he said.
no stranger than wasted way more than 7 minutes attacking anybody that asks questions about what seems to be a pretty strange tape.
i have yet to see any real explanations for hyper security and military vehicles in a private enterprise location. the posters keep saying its a heavily used repair facility. so why is the facility empty of people and equipment and furniture in the tape? hopefully when i see my railroad friend this afternoon i will get some real answers to what is a very strange tape.
how odd i keep being told fox news has all the answers but nobody posts that video.
so far popular mechanics is only explanation of what we have all seen, it was pretty weak friend, pretty weak. basically saying yes that stuff was there but it was an error and its all been since corrected????? saying its an ancient tape does not work, see the late model car at the very end of the tape.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,847,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no stranger than wasted way more than 7 minutes attacking anybody that asks questions about what seems to be a pretty strange tape.
i have yet to see any real explanations for hyper security and military vehicles in a private enterprise location. the posters keep saying its a heavily used repair facility. so why is the facility empty of people and equipment and furniture in the tape? hopefully when i see my railroad friend this afternoon i will get some real answers to what is a very strange tape.
how odd i keep being told fox news has all the answers but nobody posts that video.
so far popular mechanics is only explanation of what we have all seen, it was pretty weak friend, pretty weak. basically saying yes that stuff was there but it was an error and its all been since corrected????? saying its an ancient tape does not work, see the late model car at the very end of the tape.
Dark red: I didn't see any hyper security or military vehicles in the video? Would you mind telling me at what point in the video (what time) this was shown?

Bold: I never said it was heavily used. I did say it was an operating repair facility though.

Bright red: I've already explained why you don't see people there or furniture. First off its not a Midas with a waiting room and such so there doesn't have to be furniture. It was a big facility and the person taking the video only showed what she wanted you to see. Why no cars or people? Again she was just showing what was convenient for her case. She could have been in a part of the property that was abandoned or about to be torn down (talked about in the fox news video). It also could have been an off day so no one was there or she was just avoiding the areas populated by people.

Purple: I'm not calling you a liar but someone telling me they talked to someone who knows this stuff just to prove me wrong is too convenient. I don't really know you have a railroad friend and you could just make up phony reasons its not a repair facility and then said your "friend" said it. Come up with a different explanation on your own without needing me to have blind faith in you.

Green: How odd you didn't see it on THE FIRST PAGE posted by me the OP. Go look its there.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,190,201 times

YouTube - Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA Full Length

Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,273,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Dark red: I didn't see any hyper security or military vehicles in the video? Would you mind telling me at what point in the video (what time) this was shown?

Bold: I never said it was heavily used. I did say it was an operating repair facility though.

Bright red: I've already explained why you don't see people there or furniture. First off its not a Midas with a waiting room and such so there doesn't have to be furniture. It was a big facility and the person taking the video only showed what she wanted you to see. Why no cars or people? Again she was just showing what was convenient for her case. She could have been in a part of the property that was abandoned or about to be torn down (talked about in the fox news video). It also could have been an off day so no one was there or she was just avoiding the areas populated by people.

Purple: I'm not calling you a liar but someone telling me they talked to someone who knows this stuff just to prove me wrong is too convenient. I don't really know you have a railroad friend and you could just make up phony reasons its not a repair facility and then said your "friend" said it. Come up with a different explanation on your own without needing me to have blind faith in you.

Green: How odd you didn't see it on THE FIRST PAGE posted by me the OP. Go look its there.
glen beck was not very convincing nor was the editor of popular mechanics. very emotional lots of attack but very little defense. talked about the changes in the facility but did not show them. the "new video" shows a total of 3 men in the facility very clean outfits walking around not working and no equipment in the process of being used nor doing any of the work they claim is being done.
staging???? again a huge area void of work equipment. glen beck said they were working on equipment glen beck said they had removed the high security equipment. the gas heating system was way over what you need for heating factory areas. what gives.
never showed any of the above.
i will speak to my railroad friend. btw re glen beck, that was the most emotional performance i have seen a male give on stage in some time. if there is an academy award for eye rolling, glen beck gets it.
lots of heat, not much light friend.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I hardly ever watch decent documentaries or movies that are 2.5 hours long, I think I'm going to pass on watching this mindless documentary that will probably just twist facts and make ridiculous assumptions .

Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
glen beck was not very convincing nor was the editor of popular mechanics. very emotional lots of attack but very little defense. talked about the changes in the facility but did not show them. the "new video" shows a total of 3 men in the facility very clean outfits walking around not working and no equipment in the process of being used nor doing any of the work they claim is being done.
staging???? again a huge area void of work equipment. glen beck said they were working on equipment glen beck said they had removed the high security equipment. the gas heating system was way over what you need for heating factory areas. what gives.
never showed any of the above.
i will speak to my railroad friend. btw re glen beck, that was the most emotional performance i have seen a male give on stage in some time. if there is an academy award for eye rolling, glen beck gets it.
lots of heat, not much light friend.
Oh boy lol. You either didn't watch the video or just didn't like what they were saying. Glenn Beck was hardly emotional, you should see him on regular days (nazi this, commie that lol). There was TONS of work equipment in that supposedly main building they were showing and it was a candid video so there were people walking around. It was a commercial showing all the hard working folks, if the government was just planting all that stuff there then I'm pretty sure they would be smart enough to have it look like people were working 24/7, which just doesn't happen. You don't know the circumstances of what was going on in that video but there were clearly people there working on something. The gas heating system was way over what was needed to heat factory areas? Are you an engineer now? I worked in a office building when I was working security and there were 3 HUGE (the size of trains basically) boilers in the basement of ONE of the buildings. Assumptions aren't effective here. Unless you are someone who installs heating equipment you are not qualified to make the assumption that the heating system was too big. It gets pretty effing cold in Indiana (I believe that is where it is filmed) in the winter. There could have been many more men there and they were behind the trains or in break or it could have been an off day who knows. Those people wearing the coveralls could have been supervisors and they are just required to wear them in the area. And you couldn't really see all of them or much of them well even because they were not right in front of the camera. You don't have to be pitch black to be dirty you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies