Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:31 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
democrap
Seems like someone has no depth of knowledge on policy or politics and uses right wing infotainer rhetoric to make themselves feel good. Yeah take that Bloomberg...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
So he quit the democrats, then he quit the republicans... well democrats and republicans should quit him. That way he'll see that the money he spends on campaigning for anything is truly a waste.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:04 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,663 times
Michael Bloomberg needs to be dismissed like a grain of salt if there is any semblance of intelligence left in Americans. This guy is a fraud and complete joke. I have no idea why any self-pronounced "liberal" or "conservative" wouldn't be running the other way. Bloomberg lacks any integrity or credibility on any issue and claiming now he is an independent is a laughable p.r attempt to distance himself from the "politics as usual" squad and try to portray himself as a martyr. When being a millionaire isn't good enough to buy you political power, perhaps being a billionaire is.
This fraud is every bit the prototypical example of the "politics as usual" crowd- and even worse than most- that has created a country which is anything but any longer a representative form of government, but rather a corporate capitalistic republic controlled by lobbyists and egocentric politicians. What ever sounds good at the moment...I'm a Democrat...oops, looking bleak....I'm a Republican...oops, no longer en vogue. Hey how bout "independent"? "I can't go wrong! it just about worked for an airhead like Ross Perot and the lemmings will worship the ground I walk on!"
Please for god sakes we haven't reached the point of such sheer stupidity in this country that the lemmings hold every bit the power lobbyists already do.
Some examples.....taxed NY city residents thru the roof, appropriated even higher tolls on city bridges and tunnels, directed and supported new fees- nanny state fees at times- such as fines for sitting out front of your business on milk crates! Ask how some city residents feel about not only parking tickets, but oh, another $300 to retrieve your vehicle- yes all due to a parking meter violation! Yes, all due to your favorite "independent", Mr. Fascist himself, Michael Bloomberg. But here is the capper- while simultaneously talking out one side of his mouth, proclaiming that there is "no other choice", especially to meet post 9/11 federal govt mandates, "Mr. Independent" decides to appropriate more than $100 million dollars to fund an "imperative" (as he called it) public gay high school! Yes, those emergency tax increases out of the taxpayer's own pockets with off course, god forbid, nary a referendum via voter approval. Does this sound like democracy at play?
By the way, look up the term "nanny state" and your liable to find Bloomberg's caption close by. Don't want trans fat in your diet? More over, want to be told what you can and can not have as part of what you choose to eat? We're not talking lead acrylic here folks. There are many more examples which hopefully I can supply one single link in the upcoming days, rather than a zillion of them that will sum it all up just as well.
Unlike alot of people it would seem, I don't need Webster's or wikipedia to explain to me what fascism is, unlike many nowadays who seem to throw the word around very loosely and for convenience sakes. The man is a fascist and the sooner this complete fraud is dismissed and tossed to the birds, the better.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I would support a Bloomberg + Paul ticket just to watch the fun. Both are fed up with the Republican Party so they should get together and start another. Say the Plutocrats Party for Perpetual Prosperity of the Privileged. The P5 Party.

Unfortunately Dubya got that one locked up already.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,663 times
Greg, if you consider Bush a "fascist", you will be sorely disappointed with a Bloomberg presidency. Yeah he and Paul would get along well- both are the newest version of the Perot express that rambled through town over 10 years ago. Most politicians pretend to be something they are not. These guys pretend to be something they aren't part of. At least with Paul there are some things I have common ground with. Bloomberg? This guy is just so full of you-know-what, I'm starting to spot the tip of his nose here in New Hampshire without him leaving the confines of New York just yet. Paul over Hillary? Of course, and even the likes of McCain. Bloomberg over Hillary? Choose one or the other. I seriously would have to give it some thought.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I would hold my nose and go for Hillary Clinton in the general election but I will not support her in the primary. IMHO she is already bought and paid for by the Wall Street Democrats.

Bloomberg is a response to Dubya by the really big money Republicans and will be fun to watch.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,833 times
I see Bloomberg and Paul running on an independent ticket once Paul drops so far that he won't be considered for a VP.

I also believe Bloomberg knows what's in the works for the Bush administration and is grabbing a parachute before the whole thing comes crashing down.

With enough distance and Ron Paul in tow, Bloomberg will run on a Centrist/Right ticket which can only create havoc for the GOP front runner. However, if Clinton gets the Dem nod there are enough people out there who will refuse to vote for her just because of who she is. If Giuliani is the GOP nom, his alarmist rhetoric won't win him any friends in the sizable centerist Republican camp who will reject his platform as too neocon for their tastes. Perot had the money and personality to get noticed, but he was a bit of a kook. Bloomberg has actually held office and isn't nearly so folksy. New York's very sizable Jewish vote, which traditionally leans Democrat, would likely sway to Bloomberg as well.

Bloomberg's people have spent two years preparing for a White House run and if anything is true about Bloomberg, it's that he's a planner. He doesn't leap before looking so he must believe he has a genuine shot at it. How Thompson will figure into this, I'm not sure but I think we're in for a very colorful election.

This will make the situation with the electroal college all the more interesting. Bloomberg may have the best shot that any third party candidate has ever had and I wonder how the electors will vote if Bloomberg actually wins states.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:23 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
If you need a nanny, Bloomberg's your man. No smoking, trans-fats, gun and who knows what else he wants to deliver us from

Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced tonight that he is quitting the Republican party and changing his affiliation to independent.

The announcement came after Mr. Bloomberg gave a speech denouncing partisan gridlock in Washington, stirring renewed speculation that he is preparing to run as an independent or third-party candidate in 2008.

Mayor Bloomberg Quits the G.O.P. - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog
I would LOVE to see Bloomberg run and steal Hillary's votes. Think anyone from the GOP who doesn't smoke crack would vote for a tax-loving, anti-LEGAL guns, pro-abortion, billionary-playboy? No way! Only Democrats (the far left) would go for this guy.

Furthermore, Bloomberg was a Democrat his whole life (all these rich people are liberals because they hate giving their own money, so they wnat to FORCE regular joe shmoes to fund welfare programs).

Bloomberg only "became" a GOP candidate so he could run for mayor after Rudy. This guy is as liberal as John McCain and Ted Kennedy!!

is all I can say for this guy. I despise him.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times
Talking He he...

Newsflash: If all 2008 condenders are killed , Bloomberg is #1 suspect!!

Tacked onto an announcement about the city's nuisance hotline, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told political reporters Wednesday the only way he would run for president is if everyone else dropped dead.

"If everybody in the world was dead and I was the only one alive, yeah, sure," Bloomberg joked about a 2008 run.

From Fox News.com!

But really, if every candidate for 2008 was dead, then Americans would easily elect Osama Bin Laden, rather than an idiot like Bloomberg. After all, if we want to destroy America with Bloomberg, we might as well "bring in the expert" rather than Bloomberg who would drag Americans through Hell....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies