Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You don't live in a muslim dominated area so you're not likely to see it.

22% of American muslims feel that violence against civilian targets is justifiable, conversely 78% of American muslims feel that suicide bombing can never be justified.

Look at what happens to countries as their muslim populations increase. There was a whole thread about it. Nobody is saying that the mainstream muslims here now in their low numbers are running around blowing people up with the exception of a few crazies. It's what happens as they increase in numbers that is worrisome.
Funny you should say that when the population of Muslims increase thats when things become worrisome. Pakistan according to the 1998 census is 97% Muslim and according to this poll have the most muslims that believe suicide bombing is never justified. Should it be that way? Also someone in this thread said less than 1% of the US is Muslim and only 22% think the suicide bombings are justified. Now how many people were surveyed in the USA for this poll if only lets say 50% (and I would think thats being modest) of that 1% VERY FEW people believe this (suicide bombing) is justifiable in the USA. Now of those very few, who would actually act on it? And of those who would actually commit acts like this what is the percentage of those who are just fringe radicals. Your poll is basically useless now because of all the variables left out and just assumed by you and those who hate Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:48 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Funny you should say that when the population of Muslims increase thats when things become worrisome. Pakistan according to the 1998 census is 97% Muslim and according to this poll have the most muslims that believe suicide bombing is never justified. Should it be that way? Also someone in this thread said less than 1% of the US is Muslim and only 22% think the suicide bombings are justified. Now how many people were surveyed in the USA for this poll if only lets say 50% (and I would think thats being modest) of that 1% VERY FEW people believe this (suicide bombing) is justifiable in the USA. Now of those very few, who would actually act on it? And of those who would actually commit acts like this what is the percentage of those who are just fringe radicals. Your poll is basically useless now because of all the variables left out and just assumed by you and those who hate Muslims.
Pakistan is already a predominantly muslim country. I'm talking about the clash between muslim and western cultures as muslim populations integrate into non-muslim countries. Not to mention Pakistan is a nation plagued by suicide bombings and religious extremism... so you can see what the effects of having as much (or few) as 87% thinking suicide bombings are not justified (infer = you can have 87% feel that suicide bombings are never justified yet still have an overwhelming number of them occur in your country).

1% of the population of the US is no small number. It represents over 3 million muslims. 22% of that represents 675,000 muslims who feel suicide bombings of innocent civilians is justified. I'm not going to venture to guess as to the % of those who would act on those feelings, but even 1% of that figure represents close to 7,000 people.

I have in no way stated that I hate muslims. I think Islam is a highly intolerant backwards "religion" that allows for the systematic discrimination of women, children, and gays and gross human rights violations. Saying that people who disagree with Islam hate muslims is about as ridiculous as saying that people who disagree with Obama are racist, but that's par for the liberal course.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Pakistan is already a predominantly muslim country. I'm talking about the clash between muslim and western cultures as muslim populations integrate into non-muslim countries. Not to mention Pakistan is a nation plagued by suicide bombings and religious extremism... so you can see what the effects of having as much (or few) as 87% thinking suicide bombings are not justified (infer = you can have 87% feel that suicide bombings are never justified yet still have an overwhelming number of them occur in your country).

1% of the population of the US is no small number. It represents over 3 million muslims. 22% of that represents 675,000 muslims who feel suicide bombings of innocent civilians is justified. I'm not going to venture to guess as to the % of those who would act on those feelings, but even 1% of that figure represents close to 7,000 people.

I have in no way stated that I hate muslims. I think Islam is a highly intolerant backwards "religion" that allows for the systematic discrimination of women, children, and gays and gross human rights violations. Saying that people who disagree with Islam hate muslims is about as ridiculous as saying that people who disagree with Obama are racist, but that's par for the liberal course.
If there are supposedly 7,000 people in this country who would act on it, why have we seen NO suicide bombings in this country from US Muslims? Are all of them afraid of something? If you are willing to blow yourself up I doubt you are afraid of dying or be criticized so whats stopping them?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:11 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
If there are supposedly 7,000 people in this country who would act on it, why have we seen NO suicide bombings in this country from US Muslims? Are all of them afraid of something? If you are willing to blow yourself up I doubt you are afraid of dying or be criticized so whats stopping them?
Fort Hood? Times Square? The Virginia 5? I mean honestly, there is a correlation between increased muslim population and increased violence against civilians. Do you not read about the clashes occurring in France, the Netherlands, the UK where larger percentages of muslims have made their homes? I'm going to go ahead and paste this quote that was originally posted by another poster:

Quote:
The following is adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond’s book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat:
from Front page magazine

Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system.
Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The religious component is a beard for all the other components.
Islamization occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called ‘religious rights.’
When politically correct and culturally diverse societies agree to ‘the reasonable’ Muslim demands for their ‘religious rights,’ they also get the other components under the table. Here’s how it works (percentages source CIA: The World Fact Book (2007)).

As long as the Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone. In fact, they may be featured in articles and films, stereotyped for their colorful uniqueness:

United States — Muslim 1.0%
Australia — Muslim 1.5%
Canada — Muslim 1.9%
China — Muslim 1%-2%
Italy — Muslim 1.5%
Norway — Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs:

Denmark — Muslim 2%
Germany — Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom — Muslim 2.7%
Spain — Muslim 4%
Thailand — Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.
They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves — along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

France — Muslim 8%
Philippines — Muslim 5%
Sweden — Muslim 5%
Switzerland — Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands — Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad &Tobago — Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islam is not to convert the world but to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions ( Paris –car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats ( Amsterdam – Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana — Muslim 10%
India — Muslim 13.4%
Israel — Muslim 16%
Kenya — Muslim 10%
Russia — Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:
Ethiopia — Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia — Muslim 40%
Chad — Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon — Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania — Muslim 70%
Malaysia — Muslim 60.4%
Qatar — Muslim 77.5%
Sudan — Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh — Muslim 83%
Egypt — Muslim 90%
Gaza — Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia — Muslim 86.1%
Iran — Muslim 98%
Iraq — Muslim 97%
Jordan — Muslim 92%
Morocco — Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan — Muslim 97%
Palestine — Muslim 99%
Syria — Muslim 90%
Tajikistan — Muslim 90%
Turkey — Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates — Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of ‘Dar-es-Salaam’ — the Islamic House of Peace — there’s supposed to be peace because everybody is a Muslim:
Afghanistan — Muslim 100%

Saudi Arabia — Muslim 100%
Somalia — Muslim 100%
Yemen — Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that’s not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons.
‘Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world and all of us against the infidel. – Leon Uris, ‘The Haj’
It is good to remember that in many, many countries, such as France, the Muslim populations are centered around ghettos based on their ethnicity. Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. Therefore, they exercise more power than their national average would indicate.

-- Visit Graph of Muslim population by % and what to expect.. for original article
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...w-finally.html

It's becoming apparently obvious that you can't educate someone who chooses to remain ignorant.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Here's a question that maybe some can answer:
If one leader of a religion advocates violence is that enough to condemn the entire religion?
If you answer don't mention any religion.
That's a loaded (or grossly under loaded depending on your perspective) question. It would depend on the scope of influence of that particular leader. In a case where the one leader was extremely influential then yes would be the only possible answer.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I'm going to go along with TrueGritt on this one and recognize this guy as a purported spokesman for the Islamic religion. Why? Because I have not seen any member of the Islamic spiritual community appear on any station or media outlet to condemn this man and to state that this is NOT the way of the Islamics. Putting it into context, I would not say that Joe Barton was THE spokesperson for the Republican Party, but in fairness to that party, when he came out with his apology the other week, he was shut down from his own side fairly quickly. Also, there have been a few outspoken or radical Catholic priests in recent memory that have spoken up on some political issue and then found themselves censored by a Bishop or even excommunicated.

So I am saying what I always say: Where are the majority Moderate Muslims in condeming this man, calling him to task and refuting his claims?
Translation:
I spent 4 minutes on Google AND Youtube, and couldn't find anything.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Translation:
I spent 4 minutes on Google AND Youtube, and couldn't find anything.
Further translation: I spent no time looking for what I said I couldn't find.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 PM

615 posts, read 545,211 times
Do you people know this guy is the leader of a fringe group with a few dozen followers at best? Many Muslims believe them to be agent provactuers working for the UK government, which I think is pretty obvious.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Do you people know this guy is the leader of a fringe group with a few dozen followers at best? Many Muslims believe them to be agent provactuers working for the UK government, which I think is pretty obvious.
9/11 was accomplished with less than two dozen.

How many fringe groups? How many dozens?

According to what I've read, his most recent group has at least 500 members living in the UK. That's 41.67 dozen or the potential for 26.37 9/11s. That's just in the UK alone. Would you find living side by side with that many violent fringe radicals to be comforting?

You have stated that it's obvious he works for the government. So, what evidence do you have to support that conclusion?

Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
I'm going to go along with TrueGritt on this one and recognize this guy as a purported spokesman for the Islamic religion. Why? Because I have not seen any member of the Islamic spiritual community appear on any station or media outlet to condemn this man and to state that this is NOT the way of the Islamics. Putting it into context, I would not say that Joe Barton was THE spokesperson for the Republican Party, but in fairness to that party, when he came out with his apology the other week, he was shut down from his own side fairly quickly. Also, there have been a few outspoken or radical Catholic priests in recent memory that have spoken up on some political issue and then found themselves censored by a Bishop or even excommunicated.

So I am saying what I always say: Where are the majority Moderate Muslims in condeming this man, calling him to task and refuting his claims?
Here ya go....took 10 seconds

YouTube - [7.5] Senior Muslim leader -Imam Chen Guangyuan-condemns violence in Urumqi of Xinjiang

YouTube - Islam Ahmadiyya condemns all sorts of violence in the name of faith - Fox Tv

YouTube - Muslim leader condemns protesters

That's just from Page 1....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies