Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times

Advertisements

With a President who refuses to secure our borders, sooner or later there will be a terrorist attack that will kill thousands/millions of Americans.
"Those vessels are made to do nothing but smuggle drugs — they are not pleasure ships, they are not cargo ships," Booth said.

Some veteran narco sub hunters said they fear the craft could be used to move more than drugs, possibly weapons or even people.
'Narco subs' of cartels sink to new lows in trafficking | World | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

With radicals becoming commonplace on our border, and narco subs ability to move virtually undetected, what is stopping terrorists from bringing nukes/biochemical weapons to our shores?
WASHINGTON – North Carolina Congresswoman Sue Myrick warned Friday that Hezbollah may be colluding with drug cartels on the US-Mexican border, and called on Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to investigate the matter.

In her appeal to Napolitano, Myrick quoted a senior Mexican army official who says Hezbollah agents may even be training cartel members to make bombs. "This might lead to Israel-like car bombings of Mexican/USA border personnel or National Guard units," she said.
Congresswoman: Hezbollah joining Mexican drug cartels - Israel News, Ynetnews

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
With a President who refuses to secure our borders, sooner or later there will be a terrorist attack that will kill thousands/millions of Americans.
"Those vessels are made to do nothing but smuggle drugs — they are not pleasure ships, they are not cargo ships," Booth said.

Some veteran narco sub hunters said they fear the craft could be used to move more than drugs, possibly weapons or even people.
'Narco subs' of cartels sink to new lows in trafficking | World | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

With radicals becoming commonplace on our border, and narco subs ability to move virtually undetected, what is stopping terrorists from bringing nukes/biochemical weapons to our shores?
WASHINGTON – North Carolina Congresswoman Sue Myrick warned Friday that Hezbollah may be colluding with drug cartels on the US-Mexican border, and called on Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to investigate the matter.

In her appeal to Napolitano, Myrick quoted a senior Mexican army official who says Hezbollah agents may even be training cartel members to make bombs. "This might lead to Israel-like car bombings of Mexican/USA border personnel or National Guard units," she said.
Congresswoman: Hezbollah joining Mexican drug cartels - Israel News, Ynetnews

Is there a chance that Napolitano will look into this? I don't think so since it is her group that reports have said that Obama is working with to see if he can get a little amnesty through an executive order. I believe she could be too busy working on that to worry about your problem.

This is scary but what party does the lady belong to? I didn't see any indication of that.

As for those subs, I say just sink them and forget about them, crew, cargo and all. They can't be very heavily armored.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there a chance that Napolitano will look into this? I don't think so since it is her group that reports have said that Obama is working with to see if he can get a little amnesty through an executive order. I believe she could be too busy working on that to worry about your problem.

This is scary but what party does the lady belong to? I didn't see any indication of that.As for those subs, I say just sink them and forget about them, crew, cargo and all. They can't be very heavily armored.
She is a republican and represents the Charlotte area I believe.

And no the secretary won't listen. You're right. She's too busy with other things right now.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
It is obvious to yours truly that with millions of peeps scurrying across our southern border like an army of ants.....We know not who they are or where they come from. Could be really bad Muslims (I know, I know there aren't any) wanting to do us major harm (911 never happened it a fig newton of our imagination). So what is the Department of Homeland Insecurity doing about it, Janet?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

This is scary but what party does the lady belong to? I didn't see any indication of that.

As for those subs, I say just sink them and forget about them, crew, cargo and all. They can't be very heavily armored.
What irks me is that we have airplanes patrolling the waters off Columbia, but we can't seem to have enough planes to patrol our borders. What in hell is going on there?

Seems there is evidence that the cartels are embracing terrorist groups and our government sits with its finger firmly planted in its own rectum. It seems that our own government is putting out the welcome mat to terrorists,...why I don't know. This administration has been lucky so far. AND I MEAN LUCKY!!.

All the terrorists won't be as stupid as the few that thwarted their own attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies