Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Why do white folks like to put their feet on the dashboard when they are in the passenger's seat?

Did that sound dumb or what? That's how your question sounds.
Actually I find that funny man..lol..It's true...I never see anyone but whites doing that...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 06:15 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Actually I find that funny man..lol..It's true...I never see anyone but whites doing that...lol
And when they do it barefoot, that's like a twofer. I had some dudes I knew in college that did that all the time.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxord View Post
When blacks quit crying the race card then they will get some more respect from everyone else. It seems like thats the only thing blacks know how to do anymore. You can call anyone you want any name you want but the second they say something to you, your crying the ****ing race card. Supposedly everyone else is racist because they dissagree with blacks, that's what it seems like to me.
Non sequitur of the day award!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have an African American coworker and I always try to invite him to do stuff like listen to country music, go fishing and hunting and it seems like he has a certain resistance to this more "country" lifestyle.
I'm white, but I would not accept any such invitation, either. I'd rather go deaf than listen to country music If I were black, I would feel like you were trying to whiten me

Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 AM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,047 times
There are MANY country AA's. What you see in large cities is people who moved there many years ago for jobs in big cities, and then the families/descendents stayed there. If you go to the south, you will see many, many AA folks who are country people, liviing side by side with other country people, and they have similar interests and beliefs. Most of these folks are socially conservative, church-going, interested in cars, trucks, fishing, hunting. 4 wheeling, cattle/horse raising, etc. just the same as country/rural white folks.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
When blacks quit crying the race card then they will get some more respect from everyone else. It seems like thats the only thing blacks know how to do anymore. You can call anyone you want any name you want but the second they say something to you, your crying the ****ing race card. Supposedly everyone else is racist because they dissagree with blacks, that's what it seems like to me.
Here is one of the biggest reasons why we cannot move beyond racism in the country.

BOTH, blacks and whites keep pointing the finger at each other. No one seems to even want to see each others perspective.

Not to mention, I can say I am around more blacks than you ever will be............I don't hear blacks making remarks like the ones you claim blacks make.

You probably(like many whites) get EVERYTHING you know about blacks from TV. Therefore you see all of the "FEAR" tactics that media uses to keep drama between blacks and whites.

Try actually interacting with blacks. NO, I don't mean your 'hardworking black coworker that you respect"( whites love saying that).

I mean get involved with blacks and you'll find out very fast, MOST blacks don't go through life yelling racism every opportunity they get.

Give it a break.........that argument is sooooooo tired.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Here is one of the biggest reasons why we cannot move beyond racism in the country.

BOTH, blacks and whites keep pointing the finger at each other. No one seems to even want to see each others perspective.

No to mention, I can say I am around more blacks than you ever will be............I don't hear blacks making remarks like the ones you claim blacks make.

You probably(like many whites) get EVERYTHING you know about blacks from TV. Therefor you see all of the "FEAR" tactics that media uses to keep drama between blacks and whites.

Try actually interacting with blacks. NO, I don't mean your "hardworking black coworker/neighbor/UPS man that you respect"( whites love saying that).

I mean get involved with blacks and you'll find out very fast, MOST blacks don't go through life yelling racism every opportunity they get.

Give it a break.........

Last edited by Ron.; 07-03-2010 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-03-2010, 11:04 AM

615 posts, read 545,135 times
Most people responding to this thread haven't spent 30 minutes around urban blacks, let alone lived with them. I speak from experience, you can't raise kids amongst urban blacks, if you want the best for your children

Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Most people responding to this thread haven't spent 30 minutes around urban blacks, let alone lived with them. I speak from experience, you can't raise kids amongst urban blacks, if you want the best for your children
That's Form Philly Experience ,but in other and most cities we are civilized Blacks.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
That's Form Philly Experience ,but in other and most cities we are civilized Blacks.
Ignore that dude. Go to any race related thread and you'll see what he's all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies