Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Most people responding to this thread haven't spent 30 minutes around urban blacks, let alone lived with them. I speak from experience, you can't raise kids amongst urban blacks, if you want the best for your children

I'm an "urban" Black.

I grew up in a middle/upper middle income, predominantly Black neighborhood in Los Angeles.

My father owned a business. My parents were married for over 30 years. My paternal grandfather was a college professor. My maternal grandfather owned a working ranch (as did his father before him, as well as a general store)

My brother and I attended private schools from kindergarten through college (undergrad and graduate school).

My brother and I are both professionals, own real estate, have traveled abroad, are active in our community, etc.

I am pretty darn sure that my life (and the life of my family) is waaaay better than many of those who feel they are "better" than "urban" Black folk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 12:39 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Ignore that dude. Go to any race related thread and you'll see what he's all about.
Hes on the Gay threads too bashing us , yet Philly has one of the Largest Gay populations in the NE. Something must have really hurt this dude badly.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:47 PM

615 posts, read 544,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
That's Form Philly Experience ,but in other and most cities we are civilized Blacks.
What about Chicago? They've had loads or murders and shootings in their black communities. Detroit is mostly black and considered a dump. New Orleans mostly black and usually the murder capital of the USA. Can't forget about DC and Baltimore...

Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Hes on the Gay threads too bashing us , yet Philly has one of the Largest Gay populations in the NE. Something must have really hurt this dude badly.
Most people in Philadelphia are against homosexuality, thats blacks, whites, browns, and yellows. Blacks and Hispanics got gay marriages shot down in California....

Old 07-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm an "urban" Black.

I grew up in a middle/upper middle income, predominantly Black neighborhood in Los Angeles.

My father owned a business. My parents were married for over 30 years. My paternal grandfather was a college professor. My maternal grandfather owned a working ranch (as did his father before him, as well as a general store)

My brother and I attended private schools from kindergarten through college (undergrad and graduate school).

My brother and I are both professionals, own real estate, have traveled abroad, are active in our community, etc.

I am pretty darn sure that my life (and the life of my family) is waaaay better than many of those who feel they are "better" than "urban" Black folk
Most urban blacks don't even graduate high school, most are more likely to spend time in prison then they are in college. The truth might not be warm and fuzzy, but its still the truth.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:21 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,464 times
There they go grouping us up all together like we came from the same place..Typical..

Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Most urban blacks don't even graduate high school, most are more likely to spend time in prison then they are in college. The truth might not be warm and fuzzy, but its still the truth.
Pure nonsense. You are confusing blind statistics with real life.

So are you a serial killer or a pedophile because you are a White male? That would be statistically more likely than not.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Pure nonsense. You are confusing blind statistics with real life.

So are you a serial killer or a pedophile because you are a White male? That would be statistically more likely than not.
Well I know in Philadelphia half of all blacks don't even graduate high school. I know blacks kill a helluva lot more people then serial killers do too.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Well I know in Philadelphia half of all blacks don't even graduate high school. I know blacks kill a helluva lot more people then serial killers do too.
Your scope of knowledge regarding the lives of Black Americans is quite limited. Since when does Philadelphia represent ALL of Black America?

Philadelphia is just a shythole in general. Sorry that you are miserable and need to attempt to play "superior" because your personal environment sucks.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Your scope of knowledge regarding the lives of Black Americans is quite limited. Since when does Philadelphia represent ALL of Black America?

Philadelphia is just a shythole in general. Sorry that you are miserable and need to attempt to play "superior" because your personal environment sucks.
What about Detroit, DC, Baltimore, Camden, New Orleans, Newark Gary, the black areas of Chicago? How come no other racial group in the US has huge swaths of ghettoes like the blacks? How am I playing superior by stating statistics and reality that anyone with the ability to use a computer can produce and site? You don't live around urban blacks, that's for sure... Why do you expect me to ignore the huge swaths of urban black ghettoes across the country like they don't exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies