Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What do you mean, in other ways?

Well, some people take PRIDE in their work. Get them a little lapel pin, say thank you, say something about the quality of their work in front of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM

223 posts, read 577,017 times
College/no college, Charlie Sheen is hiring.

Charlie Sheen Internship

Winning!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
This has always crossed my mind. I have had some friends who never went to college. They work minimum wage jobs like at Mcdonalds or at a grocery store. They often times complain and gripe about their job and about how they aren't making enough money and in my mind I think "well then you should have gone to college and you might be a lot hapier" It just bugs me and then I've had people in those jobs who have told me that college can't be anywhere near as hard as working at a grocery store, mcdonals, etc. it just really grinds my gears when people complain about their minimum wage jobs when they had the choice to go to college and try to make the best of life. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way or not. I am not talking about people who do construction, or work in mines, or dangerous jobs like that. I am talking about the people that work these so called "hard" jobs at fast food chains, stores, etc.
Wow, what a bunch of crap. Neither my husband nor I have a college degree. We both have pretty good jobs. A friend's son has 2 degrees, works at a game store and lives in her basement.

FYI - if you're going to start a thread about how people who don't go to college are in loser jobs, you might want to make sure you can spell. Just saying.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I didn't go to college and had a great job with a company that I would have made a terrific "for life" career if I hadn't left work to be a SAHM. I'm sure it's harder to do now but it's not college that changed it's the job base. The jobs you used to be able to get, and work your way up from, don't exist. I always thought I'd go back to that job, or something similar, when my kids grew up but alas...no job for me.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Maybe they had entrepreneurial thoughts or college just wasn't for them. Maybe they got married early.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I often thni that its important to start makig choice early in life such as takign education seriously and having has partime jobs since 10 help me there. I sw what i did want to end up being. But that still does mean everyone shoud, go to college but their are other choices to live a satisfying life of quality.I thnik ne of the most true saying i ever heard is that; gonna lnever did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies