Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:23 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times

Advertisements

Denial of jobless benefits: Enough of GOP's heartlessness | cleveland.com

^ This guy said pretty much everything I've wanted to say only better than I could say it.

When it was GOP pet projects that benefited the wealthy, it was spend ahoy! Now that we need to spend to help get Americans back to work, it's cut the deficit. Insane!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:32 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

^ This guy said pretty much everything I've wanted to say only better than I could say it.

When it was GOP pet projects that benefited the wealthy, it was spend ahoy! Now that we need to spend to help get Americans back to work, it's cut the deficit. Insane!
What you and Mr. Pearlman of Easllake don't understand is , there will be no returning to work unless the deficit is addressed. Even the Europeans get it.

I am curious, what are the GOP projects that benefited the wealthy only?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:33 PM

26 posts, read 16,211 times
Quote:

The Novemeber election is perplexing. We are supposed to reign in the outrageous Demcrat's spending by electing Republicans?

I want one piece of evidence that the Rs are trustworthy in reinging in the incredible amount of tax dollars wasted.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What you and Mr. Pearlman of Easllake don't understand is , there will be no returning to work unless the deficit is addressed. Even the Europeans get it.

I am curious, what are the GOP projects that benefited the wealthy only?
The two wars and the Bush tax cuts that both added substantially to our deficit.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarlyNel View Post
The Novemeber election is perplexing. We are supposed to reign in the outrageous Demcrat's spending by electing Republicans?

I want one piece of evidence that the Rs are trustworthy in reinging in the incredible amount of tax dollars wasted.
There not Democrats. The Dems have set records with spending and they are telling you they intend to do more. Right now the darling of the Republican party is Chris Christie, look at what he is doing. That is the direction the country will and should be going under Republican leadership.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
The two wars and the Bush tax cuts that both added substantially to our deficit.
OK so now answer my question. Surely you aren't saying the wars and tax cuts benefited the wealthy alone.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Yep, exactly. They only give a rat's ass about the deficit when it's politically expedient for them. Otherwise, they spend way worse than Democrats, and never concern themselves with paying for any of their tax cuts or programs.

Look at the Medicare drug bill debacle for a perfect example. Hundreds of billions of dollars -- not paid for in any way, shape or form.

But what the hell, it's okay when they do it.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM

26 posts, read 16,211 times
Quote:
There not Democrats. The Dems have set records with spending and they are telling you they intend to do more. Right now the darling of the Republican party is Chris Christie, look at what he is doing. That is the direction the country will and should be going under Republican leadership.
I love Christie, he is not taking any BS. He knows what has to be done and he is doing it. The whiney Teacher's union had its day. Now its our turn.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
OK so now answer my question. Surely you aren't saying the wars and tax cuts benefited the wealthy alone.
The tax cuts, for example eliminating the estate tax for people like Paris Hilton, were specifically designed so that the wealthy would have more money and that it would trickle down. I don't wanna start a debate of trickle down theory but that was the idea.

And rich people absolutely made a lot of money off of the wars through government contracts.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yep, exactly. They only give a rat's ass about the deficit when it's politically expedient for them. Otherwise, they spend way worse than Democrats, and never concern themselves with paying for any of their tax cuts or programs.

Look at the Medicare drug bill debacle for a perfect example. Hundreds of billions of dollars -- not paid for in any way, shape or form.

But what the hell, it's okay when they do it.
I am perplexed, are you for or against deficit spending?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies