Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Dallas.Org: El Reno Police - Report on Lona Varner

Lawyer Explains 'Taser Granny' Suit - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/news/24062424/detail.html - broken link)

Interesting story. The first link is the actual police report. The second gives bascially both sides.

Could be tough for a jury on this one.
"The report said that Varner pulled out a knife and said, '"If you try and get the knife, I will stab you and kill you. I killed four Japs in World War II and I would not bat an eye killing you."

She may have just finished watching Grand Torino.

That's the trouble with violent movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Ok something not right with this story, if this is the truth, something wrong with the police. I need to here more from both parties before making a judgement. Right now, i don't know about the police or Granny, till i here from both sides. Come on now, just how agressive could she get sitting up in her bed, that is utter nonsense. Did she have a gun, a knife, that is threatening, not her sitting up in bed. Still need to here more on this story, something just does not add up.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:46 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would like to hear from the police before making a judgment.

If true, every one of the cops involved should be fired.
Are you serious? Even if somehow they were in the right to taze and 86 year old woman what the hell is the point of stepping on her oxygen hose so she couldn't breathe. I would LOVE to hear how a police officer would EVER be justified to do that. I can't believe I'm even responding to your post.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:53 PM

406 posts, read 495,645 times
The Taser could be the most entertaining self defense instrument in history. What I think that actually happened is that she flashed the officer and he responded just like any normal male, by freaking out!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Are you serious? Even if somehow they were in the right to taze and 86 year old woman what the hell is the point of stepping on her oxygen hose so she couldn't breathe. I would LOVE to hear how a police officer would EVER be justified to do that. I can't believe I'm even responding to your post.
This is exactly WHY you need to hear the details before jumping to any conclusions over something you read on the internet.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is exactly WHY you need to hear the details before jumping to any conclusions over something you read on the internet.
There is NO detail that I can hear that would make it alright for a group of three police officers (From the report) to step on an 86 year olds air supply. NO REASON! A tazer will take down a HUGE grown man easily, there is NO WAY an 86 year old woman would be able to take it and still be harmful.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
There is NO detail that I can hear that would make it alright for a group of three police officers (From the report) to step on an 86 year olds air supply. NO REASON! A tazer will take down a HUGE grown man easily, there is NO WAY an 86 year old woman would be able to take it and still be harmful.
How about the detail that it didn't actually happen? LOL!!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How about the detail that it didn't actually happen? LOL!!
Didn't happen huh? Not according to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Courthouse News Service
So what didn't happen?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
I just googled her name and got the info I posted. Of course that doesn't mean it happened either.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I just googled her name and got the info I posted. Of course that doesn't mean it happened either.
I go off of the info provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies