Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 AM

454 posts, read 482,526 times

Advertisements

I read this interesting article
The Privileged Slander: Why the Media Laps Up The Anti-Israel Lying Campaign

Israel is subject daily to scores of false claims and slanders that receive a remarkable amount of credibility in Western media, academic, and intellectual circles even when no proof is offered.
Palestinian groups (including the Gaza and Palestinian Authority regimes), associated local and allied foreign non-government organizations, Western radical and anti-Israel groups, and politically committed journalists are eager to act as propaganda agents making up false stories or transmitting them without serious thought or checking.
Here are three actual examples of well-educated Westerners believing such modern legends reported to me recently by colleagues:

--A former classmate, one told me, claimed that the Palestinians are living in death camps, being starved, etc. Asked to provide facts and provided with evidence to the contrary, he could provide no real examples. Finally, he remarked, `The truth is always somewhere in the middle.'"
--Hundreds of American college professors signed a petition claiming that Israel was supposedly about to throw hundreds of thousands of Palestinians out of the West Bank though there was zero evidence of any such intention and, of course, nothing ever happened.
--A British writer of some fame claimed, on the basis of an alleged single conversation with a questionable source, that Israel was preparing gas chambers for the mass murder of Palestinians. When asked if she was really claiming this would happen, she stated that it wasn't going to happen but only because people like her had sounded the alarm to prevent it.
Read more.. it might mention something you read in a blog somewhere.

Solomonia: The Privileged Slander: Why the Media Laps Up The Anti-Israel Lying Campaign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
That was easy! It's because they don't have to make an effort to get all sorts of people rallying around in support. Need more proof? Just stay tuned to this thread and see what develops...

Old 06-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Don't let the facts stand in your way

If you were a reporter, and reported on what you hear from one side as the truth, as if it was factual, even though you haven't check the facts, and it ends up being not true at all.
Your paper had to publish a retraction/ correction on it in page 10, after your story was in page one.
Why would you trust the same source again and again unless you have an agenda... and you don't let the facts confuse you.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Israel is subject daily to scores of false claims and slanders that receive a remarkable amount of credibility in Western media, academic, and intellectual circles even when no proof is offered.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:33 PM

17 posts, read 16,734 times
While I do agree that Israel is presented intentionally by the media in a very bad light, your examples seem quite ridiculous. Death camps? Gas chambers?
Surprisingly (NOT), it's just like the holocaust.
And who would anyone compare Israel to the Nazis.. umm.. besides, well, you know who..

Back on the subject, do you really need to be told the answer to why people are against Israel?
It goes down to the roots of history, ma boy..

Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
I was hopping to get something more substantial, but I guess that an answer too.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Default When did you stop beating your wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyki View Post
While I do agree that Israel is presented intentionally by the media in a very bad light, your examples seem quite ridiculous. Death camps? Gas chambers?
Surprisingly (NOT), it's just like the holocaust.
And who would anyone compare Israel to the Nazis.. umm.. besides, well, you know who..

Back on the subject, do you really need to be told the answer to why people are against Israel?
It goes down to the roots of history, ma boy..
I didn't write the article, but I have seen examples of it during the Jenin Operation as well as cast lead and even now during the Flotilla.
First they go what ever the Palestinian are saying.
With a lot of "dignified" disgust from Israel's barbaric actions.
Then everything the Palestinian Arabs say is regarded as fact.
While everything Israel say described as Israel claim, or Israel say.
Very upsetting! Almost like the question "When did you stop beating your wife?"
When you are not even married.

Last edited by conc1; 06-28-2010 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Odd I don't see the main stream media hitting Israel all that hard. Especially not as hard as they go after our own troops for much less.
I agree though the OP examples were extreme and without any factual basis. Not at all different than how the AZ bill has been portrayed.
LOL or the 911 conspiracy theories.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Odd I don't see the main stream media hitting Israel all that hard. Especially not as hard as they go after our own troops for much less.
I agree though the OP examples were extreme and without any factual basis. Not at all different than how the AZ bill has been portrayed.
LOL or the 911 conspiracy theories.
Did you read the article?

And I agree with you about the US troops. The media either ignore the troops sacrifice, and what they are dealing with, or the go on blaming them for things they haven't done.

I read somewhere that they have more reporters in Israel than in any other place in the world excluding US of course. So that's why they print more lies.

Last edited by conc1; 06-28-2010 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: fixing link

Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 PM

one more lie.
Reuters caught "fixing" photos to fit the agenda.

Special Analysis: Fauxtography - Reuters Caught Again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies