Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
So teachers are unproductive? Anyone who works in an office is unproductive? Store owners are unproductive? Wal-mart workers are unproductive? Truck drivers are unproductive?

The only teachers there should be are the ones who produce "productive" workers?

Im just trying to understand, please bear with me on this. Could you tell me more jobs and professions that are unproductive?

Let’s get some things really clear. I come from an Education Family. There are more teachers/principles in my family than anything else. When I am talking about production, I am talking about people who produce wealth. Anyone who makes their living (regardless of how important their job is) is not “productive” in this strict sense.

You are confusing the word “productive” with the word “important”. Teachers are important. We need them. I would not be here if it were not for two teachers in particular. One being my dad, the other being his father… I like teachers.

But teachers do not produce wealth. They derive their income from taxation. That is the antithesis of wealth production.

People who work at wal-mart are in fact producers of wealth. Anyone in the private sector that is not a drain on the economy (lawyers who make their living taking wealth out of the system by law suits being a prime example) are by definition productive.

City workers who keep the sewage system running are important people but they are not productive in this strict sense. Trash collectors are the same. Police and Firefighters do not produce wealth. Vital to the survival of civil society they certainly are! But they are not productive in the strict sense of being producers of wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Why is it that whenever these radicals say something that they really mean and it gets pointed out, the left's only defense is that it was taken out of context? That's what they say, but they fail to put it in any type of coherent context themselves!

Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Karl Marx, William Ayers, Van Jones, Valarie Jarrett, Cass Sunstein.
Valerie Jarrett is a Communist? Lol!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the definitions of "Communist," "communard," etc. Now could you explain or cut and paste an answer to my question: your reason for believing Cass Sunstein is a Communist?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why is it that whenever these radicals say something that they really mean and it gets pointed out, the left's only defense is that it was taken out of context? That's what they say, but they fail to put it in any type of coherent context themselves!
I thought I put it into pretty coherent context -- quotes from the essay that put the lie to the OP's contention. If it wasnt coherent you can read the essay yourself and try to understand what Sunstein is gittin' at.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Valerie Jarrett is a Communist? Lol!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the definitions of "Communist," "communard," etc. Now could you explain or cut and paste an answer to my question: your reason for believing Cass Sunstein is a Communist?
He's a progressive. Enough said, they are the new Communists. The progressive platform has taken on the Communist goals.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I thought I put it into pretty coherent context -- quotes from the essay that put the lie to the OP's contention. If it wasnt coherent you can read the essay yourself and try to understand what Sunstein is gettin' at.
I know what he was getting at in everything he has said. He shares the views of heavy handed Commmunist dictators.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I know what he was getting at in everything he has said. He shares the views of heavy handed Commmunist dictators.
Well, give examples.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
He's a progressive. Enough said, they are the new Communists.
You mean, they are the targets of the new McCarthyites?
Quote:
The progressive platform has taken on the Communist goals.
Wanna quote the official "progressive platform" and compare it to "the Communist goals"?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Im sorry, but this is all just your opinion. If you dont expect to be challenged to back it up you shouldnt post it.

Bent Bow's thread is based on an article which took Cass's statements out of context. He didnt quote Cass, he quoted the article quoting Cass. I'll submit that Bent Bow would not have posted the thread had he only read Cass's essay and not the interpreting article.

I don’t really care if a direct quote came from an article about Cass or if it came out of Cass book. if it is a direct quote (which has been provided ad nauseam here), it is a direct quote. Cass has written and spoken openly about a government controlled system to limit speech and demand speech meet a government standard. That alone is worthy of being tossed out of the country… and yes that is my opinion.

I don’t mind being challenged when I offer a wild/speculative/bombastic comment. You may feel free to challenge me at any time. Rest assured that I will defend your right to do so. The oath I took to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States when I joined the Navy some 23 years ago is still in effect… even if I am no longer in the military.

Cass is equal to the hard left ideology that has infected academia for the last 2 or 3 generations.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
For the same reason a celebrity checks into a sex rehab place when they get caught with their pants down.

They want public opinion on their side but they know they can only get it by being a victim.

The truth will destroy them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies