Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times

Advertisements

The more I pay attention to the political scene, wow it's a cancer to the soul. The way it is nowadays, all it seems to do is get people very angry to the point of hating the world and just about everyone in it.

Seriously - some of you people really need to pay attention to what you are doing. You hate an entire swath of people simply because they think and believe differently than you. How do you people manage to get along with anyone is beyond me.

Whatever happened to getting along and being cooperative with each other? Not having to resort to violence and mob mentality trying to suppress the other side every means possible.

Instead we get stuff like...

Quote:
This is another reason that confirms my choice to move from MA.

When will the average citizens of MA, who are tired of this feel good liberal nonsense, finally put a stop to it? When will they drive the leftist academics from power?
Quote:
While I'm glad to see the outpouring of people who are like me, the truth is that people like me are a very small percentage of Wichita residents. I need to get out of here. Conservative oppressors have sucked all the life out of me.
We get it. Conservatives hate liberals, liberals hate conservates. I hate you both because you act like six year olds.

Anyone else tired of this crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
The more I pay attention to the political scene, wow it's a cancer to the soul. The way it is nowadays, all it seems to do is get people very angry to the point of hating the world and just about everyone in it.

Seriously - some of you people really need to pay attention to what you are doing. You hate an entire swath of people simply because they think and believe differently than you. How do you people manage to get along with anyone is beyond me.

Whatever happened to getting along and being cooperative with each other? Not having to resort to violence and mob mentality trying to suppress the other side every means possible.

We get it. Conservatives hate liberals, liberals hate conservates. I hate you both because you act like six year olds.

Yes, I am very tired of it, but unfortunately while there is a revolution playing out, this is what happens. You have the defenders and you have the revolutionaries. This will not get any better until this all plays itself out and everyone (who cares) finally realizes that it is EVERYONE'S future that is at stake because in the end, we are ALL Americans.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Good days, and bad days. Sometimes I am laughing here. I think the depression comes from feeling like we can't do a thing about the ills of the world. We watch the powers that be, and fall into a kind of indifference once the outrage wears down a bit. Take a break, but don't give up on things that you feel passionately about.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
The political hotbed that is our country today is upsetting, and can be downright depressing.

But politics has always been rough naviagating, this is nothing new.

What is concerning to me is the way our country is going today. Down a road we have never been before, and into debt that we may never recover from.

Even worse, the Obama administration doesn't seem to understand? Or Care? I don't know which. And so many people are following in lock step.

But as far as allowing it to affect my day to day life and depress me? You can't let things out of your control affect your life. You just have to do your best to live your life the best you can and within your own mores and value system.

Because obviously, most likely you are not going to change peoples minds, as is evident on this fourm.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
There are days when it doesn't take politics to do that.. . .just life!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM

I'm just curious since... where's the revolution? What's the reason to really be that angry over?

What can't be worked out in a more civilized manner?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

952 posts, read 942,468 times
“If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace”

Battle fatigue is to be expected.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:

I never get tired of it. My children's future is at stake and liberals (with thier departure from common sense) are the biggest threat to that future. Unfortunately, I do believe that many republicans are just like democrats and spend like fools. However, we do need to have a marked "change" in which our representatives become fiscally responsible before insolvency occurrs. You can have all the abortions, pot, gay marriages......whatever. Just stop spending.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
liberals (with thier departure from common sense) are the biggest threat to that future.

I realize I can't change too many opinions of people here, or anywhere.

However, I do consider myself a liberal and I am a Democrat. However, I will agree in saying we can not spend more than we take in. It is foolish and reckless to run into debt, and both sides are equally guilty of this.

Spending is fine, as long as there is good purpose for it - and as long as we bring in enough income to support said spending. And that doesn't mean tax everyone to death either. Where exactly the fair medium is, I'm not sure - not my job to determine.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:14 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
I realize I can't change too many opinions of people here, or anywhere.

However, I do consider myself a liberal and I am a Democrat. However, I will agree in saying we can not spend more than we take in. It is foolish and reckless to run into debt, and both sides are equally guilty of this.

Spending is fine, as long as there is good purpose for it - and as long as we bring in enough income to support said spending. And that doesn't mean tax everyone to death either. Where exactly the fair medium is, I'm not sure - not my job to determine.

That is the first time I have ever heard a liberal speak with common sense. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies