Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

268 posts, read 453,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She's an embarassment to intelligent women.
Not to mention an embarrassment to the Republican party, and Americans in general. I'll never understand why people continue to defend and support her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
My guess is that you are too young to have heard that expression. There is even a song with that title.

You can bash anyone as much as you like, but it does not change the fact that Palin is an idiot extraordianire. She's an embarassment to intelligent women.
Never heard the song. I was born in the 1960s.

So you are saying Palin is intelligent?

Obama is just a plain embarassment. So are all progressives.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I find it absolutely hilarious that these guys can't just call it like they see it! I'm not proud of Obama thus far and can say that. Palin,Beck,etc... give the right such bad representation, can you not see that?
None of them hold a political office. You can avoid Palin and Beck.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol This is an issue but Biden insulting citizens are not lol

This is not even comical anymore

Obama can say we have 57 states and thats fine. Obama while reading a teleprompter cant say corpsman no problem man. Biden can stick his foot in his mouth daily and thats fine

A person that holds no political office makes a mistake and its a serious issue.
It's not serious, it's funny... that she get paid big bucks to speak and does not make sure that her facts are straight when she opens her mouth to do what she got paid for. If I ordered and paid for a bottle of Cristal Champagne, I would not expect to wind up drinking sparkling cider. That's the point.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
It's not serious, it's funny... that she get paid big bucks to speak and does not make sure that her facts are straight when she opens her mouth to do what she got paid for. If I ordered and paid for a bottle of Cristal Champagne, I would not expect to wind up drinking sparkling cider. That's the point.
So she is just like every other politician that ever lived.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Oh my. You had to figure this might happen when Sarah Palin, one-time best governor of Alaska, started pallin' around with those journalist types there at Fox News. Or any of those journalist types there in the lamestream media, you know. The makin' things up and gettin' things confused is dangerously contagious.

"...this is Reagan country and (applause), YEAH! And perhaps it was destiny that the man who went to California's Eureka College would become so woven within and inter-linked to the Golden State.'' (You can watch it yourself at about minute 4:30 into a rockin', rollin', rollickin' speech.)

Well, as Reagan liked to say, California is the Golden State, and he did become inter-linked with it. And yes, as Reagan also liked to say, he did go to a Eureka College, but it wasn't in California.

No, Eureka College is half a continent away in the flatlands of Illinois. Reagan attended school there from 1928 to 1932. He was the school's top collegiate swimmer, a three-year letterman in football, and appeared in 14 plays. He left after graduation in 1932 to take a job as a sports announcer in Davenport, Iowa, which is closer to California but still a long way from it.

Palin blunders on Reagan's education

Only in America can a ditz such as she, rake in the cash for speaking engagements, when she clearly does not know what she is talking about. So absurd.
why does this bother you and the libs so much? She isn't running for anything, if people want to pay her to speak it isn't costing you or me a penny and no one is forced to go and hear her. Now, get over it!!!

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Who's blaming democrats????

Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why does this bother you and the libs so much? She isn't running for anything, if people want to pay her to speak it isn't costing you or me a penny and no one is forced to go and hear her. Now, get over it!!!

Nita
Libs can't stand it if a woman or minority doesn't think exactly like them. So they attack every little thing they do or say.

Clarence Thomas is a good example. If libs really cared about blacks like they say they do then they would hold him as an example of American success. Instead they wish him death.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Tempest68,

Hate to tell you no one on here is blaming democrats.

Just pointing out they do the same thing as Palin and get a pass.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
People are still touting this niwit as a serious candidate. She cannot deliver a well researched and factual speech when she is getting barrels of money to do it. If you are so upset with anyone exposing her stupidity and lack of knowledge, thenIi suggest that you refrain from reading these threads or get over it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies