Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:10 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

If Christians want respect at festivals like these, then they should show respect.
But as we know, Christ-o-nuts are incapable of showing respect. Something gets lost in translation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
But as we know, Christ-o-nuts are incapable of showing respect. Something gets lost in translation.
Kinda like your blatant lack of respect for Christians?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I don't respect people who are intent on being disruptive, whoever they are.. If they are Christians then they bring the lack of respect down upon themselves.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't respect people who are intent on being disruptive, whoever they are.. If they are Christians then they bring the lack of respect down upon themselves.
Okay, that I can understand. But what the other poster did was disrespectful of all of Christianity, not just those who may have acted disrespectful of others.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
And is this the LAW of the United States, or any of it's constituent states?

Please explain how Catholic dogma, or Jewish Kosher laws and Sharia law are any different.

Every group imposes it's rules onto itself.

I think you freaks just need to take a chill pill, and calm the hell down.

Catholic dogma and Jewish Kosher laws do not trump the US Constitution on the streets of Dearborn, MI.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Excuse me? Born, bred, baptised Christian. I guess that means I hate myself.

Besides I'm referring to the right-wing nut jobs who cling to their Bible as the end all be all of Human existence.

But thanks for proving my point.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Catholic dogma and Jewish Kosher laws do not trump the US Constitution on the streets of Dearborn, MI.
And therefore neither would Sharia law,

thanks for playing.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:15 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Neither does Sharia law trump the US Constitution on any streets in the United States. And of course, it had nothing to do with this incident, either. But the instigators would like to prey on people's prejudices by suggesting it did, regardless of the facts.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont know how many Christians you know, but real evangelical Christians want to win converts. These guys, particularly the video guy who had chosen to wear a, to me, aggressively political T shirt, didnt seem interested in the state of the Muslims' souls.

Do they have a video of themselves talking with Muslims about Christianity, in any venue -- not just outside this festival on this day?

And if he did you would DM the mods to have this thread moved to the religious forum.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Okay, that I can understand. But what the other poster did was disrespectful of all of Christianity, not just those who may have acted disrespectful of others.
So, are you the spokesperson for all of Christianity? Like the Pope or Jesus? Yeah. I can't help it you are offended, but you know what really pisses me off, people act in the name of Christ, and yet have no effing clue what they are doing, because they use it to justify their bigotry and hatred. But I guess it's okay, because they are more Christian than I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies