Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yep. And you can set your watch to that post getting deleted and me getting a warning
Not if it's being ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no but if you are a paid poster, smearing obama is an important contributor to your quality of life. remember the vehement posts constantly defending bush last 3 years on CDF? i do. same group.
How can I get a job like that? I think there are some paid political shills on CD for the Left but if there is a counterpart on the Right, where do I apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The double standard works like this.

The standard for attacking a republican simply requires the existence of a republican to attack.

The standard necessary for attacking a democrat requires 5 liberal sources who have each witnessed some transgression and each source must be verified by 5 independent liberals. Then it must be signed off on by the President of the United States provided said president is a democrat.
Just like Sharia law for rape.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:23 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
It seems like there are some whose quality of life depends on how many articles that speak ill of the President they can post on an internet message board. And sometimes it's not even slandering articles, but it is spun in the message title to appear like it is.
Let's say for whatever reason you don't have time to sit in front of a computer, does it make your day worse knowing you're not letting people know you hate someone's guts over the internet? Does posting these articles come before friends and family? Does the thought of posting anti-Obama articles on the internet get you out of bed in the morning? Do you look at yourself in the mirror every night and get a sense of satisfaction knowing you did your best slandering the president to anonymous people? How much of your daily life is devoted to things other than posting deragatory articles of the president over the internet?
No-

The quality of my day depends on-

1. levels of energy
2. accomplishments during the day
3. successes during the day
4. whether I helped someone else out
5. whether my family members had something positive happen
6. No complications
7. Hope for the future

Obama takes all of #7 away, as he is a danger to the future of American and my children. This is why this maniac must be stopped. It does not give anyone pleasure to continually point out the failings of another, but Obama is affecting all of us with his lunacy and the nation cannot sit silent.

The left, as they adore totalitarianism, want any dissention or criticism of Obama to stop, as they abhor free speech and the ability of citizens to express themselves. Ironically, Obama is the greatest danger to the American left as well, as he will eventually turn on them as well. No one is spared the blade of a tyrant, and only the order or execution is in question.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:23 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Nah, it depends on temperature, humidity, surf condition, aviation weather forecast, and what's in the wine rack and liquor cabinet

Old 06-29-2010, 06:31 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Hawkeye, you voted for him. Why would you vote for a guy you feel that ill of?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

The quality of my day depends on-

1. levels of energy
2. accomplishments during the day
3. successes during the day
4. whether I helped someone else out
5. whether my family members had something positive happen
6. No complications
7. Hope for the future

Obama takes all of #7 away, as he is a danger to the future of American and my children. This is why this maniac must be stopped. It does not give anyone pleasure to continually point out the failings of another, but Obama is affecting all of us with his lunacy and the nation cannot sit silent.

The left, as they adore totalitarianism, want any dissention or criticism of Obama to stop, as they abhor free speech and the ability of citizens to express themselves. Ironically, Obama is the greatest danger to the American left as well, as he will eventually turn on them as well. No one is spared the blade of a tyrant, and only the order or execution is in question.
Wouldn't let me rep 'ya again......so here

Old 06-29-2010, 08:23 PM

563 posts, read 518,655 times
Quote:
This isn't a debate about his policies...you want to know about how I feel about immigration, healthcare, the war, etc I'll be more than happy to discuss it in another thread.
I'm waiting to hear an answer to my questions in the OP from one of the regulars whom it's addressed to.
And 6 pages later I see nobody was able to come up with one thing he has done that has helped this country.

If this comment was geared towards me, I didn't ask what you thought about his policies.....simple question I will make simpler for even a mark like you can get...name ONE thing he has done for the good of this country!!!!!

(putting Jeopardy theme on mega repeat)

Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
And 6 pages later I see nobody was able to come up with one thing he has done that has helped this country.

If this comment was geared towards me, I didn't ask what you thought about his policies.....simple question I will make simpler for even a mark like you can get...name ONE thing he has done for the good of this country!!!!!

(putting Jeopardy theme on mega repeat)
We're not debating his policies. Like I said, if you want to know how I feel about certain policies, catch me in another thread.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
It seems like there are some whose quality of life depends on how many articles that speak ill of the President they can post on an internet message board. And sometimes it's not even slandering articles, but it is spun in the message title to appear like it is.
Let's say for whatever reason you don't have time to sit in front of a computer, does it make your day worse knowing you're not letting people know you hate someone's guts over the internet? Does posting these articles come before friends and family? Does the thought of posting anti-Obama articles on the internet get you out of bed in the morning? Do you look at yourself in the mirror every night and get a sense of satisfaction knowing you did your best slandering the president to anonymous people? How much of your daily life is devoted to things other than posting deragatory articles of the president over the internet?
Every American's quality of life depends on the miracle we live in. Here, more than anywhere else in the world, each of us is freer to unlock a higher fraction of our own potential, and to retain the fruits of our successes (paying our share, of course, of the necessary expense of government.)

President Obama led an audacious attack on the people who build the stores and offices and factories we work in when he ran over Chrysler secured lenders and GM bondholders in order to provide an unprecedented bailout to the UAW. This is a threat to the miracle.

President Obama has created expense and uncertainty for employers, via the fines and regulations in health care reform, the promise to make energy more expensive for manufacturers and utilities and all users of energy, the intent to have government cost more by accepting higher bids if the excess is going to his union favorites, and higher costs in virtually every line of business via increased regulation. By sucking the vitality out of the private economy, this is a threat to the miracle.

I spend about 30 minutes a few times a week to increase awareness of the problems with the agenda of President Obama. These are sincere beliefs, not a pathology, and the word "slander" does not belong in the conversation. I am hopeful that we can get back to a less intrusive government that gets out of the way of the genius of the American people. And no, this does not mean I love George Bush or think John McCain would have made a great president.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM

563 posts, read 518,655 times
Quote:
We're not debating his policies. Like I said, if you want to know how I feel about certain policies, catch me in another thread.
Notice how the mark can not answer the question. Notice how she twists the simple of question of what has Obama done for the good of this country to how she feels about certain policies.

The fact of the matter is that she nor anyone else can give an answer to that because the real and true answer is in a years time, he has done nada, zip, nothing to help this country.

A mark will always be a mark at any cost!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies