Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sad. American women, this could be our future if the "American Taliban" gets their way.
If by this you mean republicans or conservatives, history has shown that this would not happen. These people show a type of "benevolent chauvinism" with themes like "take care of the little woman", "women and children first" and "men take care of women so women care take care of children". Prefect? No. Patronizing? Yes. But to compare that stoning women, making them wear veils over their faces, and refusing to allow women to work or even be educated is disingenuous.

If by this you mean we all need to be careful to not let extremists of any type (including "progressive" ones) take hold in our nation - I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 06:37 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,557 times
Quote:
Sad. American women, this could be our future if the "American Taliban" gets their way.

Do me a favor guy, "don't" ever compare Americans to that of the enemy, where we're you from 2003/2010? you we're not in the game (WAR) or you would not have made your statement.

Your better then that.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
That is a disgusting lie perpetuated by anti-Christian bigots.
There is no such thing as "American Taliban" unless you are referring to John Walker Lindh or similar radical Islamists.

Please show us anywhere in the world that Christians stone girls/women to death or practice anything close to Sharia Law?

Stoning is Old Testament stuff. Not New Testament. In fact, Jesus stopped the stoning of an adulteress as it was about to take place, well-known story to even non-Christians... But probably not known (or ignored) by bigots.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Pack of animals is right. More than likely she refused to marry someone her father picked out, she was raped or maybe she talked to a man not blood related to her.

This aspect of this culture is disgusting and I would wholeheartedly support a ban on any males from cultures that support this thinking from ever immigrating the US. They will just bring this horror with them. I would allow any and all women/children to immigrate though as refugees.
Well then you are trampling all over the liberal's love for multiculturalism, where every culture is equal to, and socially compatible with our own.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:06 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Errr...a little late to the party? That is an old, old video. 2006 I believe. And it was because she was dating a Muslim from another sect. Aziddi v. Shiite I believe.

The "people" who stoned her were her own "people". She was a Kurd. They were not her immediate family either, but religious zealots within her family that took her and judged and condemned her to death. Eight people were eventually arrested I believe, and put to death in accordance w/ Islamic Law by beheading for the killing.
As if this stuff isn't still going on in that part of the world. Just because these guys got punished doesn't mean it's not perfectly acceptavle in many parts of the world. We even have "honor" killings happening in this part of the world.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
I didn't realize this thread was so old. Why was it revived?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's just a cultural difference. We have to respect their cultural history, it's not inferior to a western lifestyle, just different. Embrace diversity already.
Killing someone is a cultural difference. I don't respect anything about a culture that harkens back to the stone age.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Killing someone is a cultural difference. I don't respect anything about a culture that harkens back to the stone age.
While dragging a black man behind a pick-up truck

Murder of James Byrd, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or torturing and hanging a homosexual teen off a fence is oh so culturally superior and enlightened.

Matthew Shepard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I understand.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:49 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
such a peaceful and tolerant religion.
Now lets gang up on those bad evil Christians...especially the Catholics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post

YouTube - Muslim Girl Stoned and Kicked To Death!

Viewer discretion is seriously advised.
If you still have doubts about sharia law after this, check if you have a pulse!
I don't know what this girl did to deserve this but what a pack of animals these people are.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
While dragging a black man behind a pick-up truck

Murder of James Byrd, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or torturing and hanging a homosexual teen off a fence is oh so culturally superior and enlightened.

Matthew Shepard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I understand.
There is a huge difference between judging a society based on the actions of individuals society recognizes as criminals and judging a society based on the actions of its leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies