Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times

Advertisements

Is it sickening? Of course. However, the point is that as murder is committed here as well. Justice was served in that people were arrested, tried, and sentenced according to their LAW. Just like we do here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:45 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Errr...a little late to the party? That is an old, old video. 2006 I believe. And it was because she was dating a Muslim from another sect. Aziddi v. Shiite I believe.

The "people" who stoned her were her own "people". She was a Kurd. They were not her immediate family either, but religious zealots within her family that took her and judged and condemned her to death. Eight people were eventually arrested I believe, and put to death in accordance w/ Islamic Law by beheading for the killing.

So if these were kurds, where did this incident take place? Iraq, Turkey?

Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
Northern Iraq. If I remember correctly, though she was taken from her village and out from under the authority of the security forces that would have protected her, and moved into N. Iraq. What you don't see in the beginning of the video, is there are Iraqi Security Forces manning the gate to the square where the killing happens. I'm sure if you click around on the actual youtube site, you'll find the whole video report.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's just a cultural difference. We have to respect their cultural history, it's not inferior to a western lifestyle, just different. Embrace diversity already.
Why do liberals always have to excuse the barbaric practices of Sharia law? They are INFERIOR, not different.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Incidents like this awaken my dark side. Men can be such A****. That thought degrades donkeys. Disgusting.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 AM

615 posts, read 545,089 times
This girl was a non Muslim, and the events had nothing to do with Islam. She was a Yezidi, some kind of pre Islamic Kurdish religion. The title of this thread should be changed, and the OP should apologize to Muslims and Islam.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I disagree but agree at the same time. Yes we have to respect thier culture but we do not have to think it is right, fair or just...And yes, when women are treated this way it is inferior to our society..

Nita
Nita, why would you respect a culture that is not right, fair, or just????

Old 06-29-2010, 11:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
A peace loving People my --- these people are animals, no matter how you choose to view their evil ways, they are animals. Respect their evil ways, not on your life. I don't give a crap what Society or Country you live in, this is just plain wrong, disrespectful, and evil, don't care about their laws or their religions, no excuse for this behavior at all.Could not watch the whole damn video, don't care when this happened, wrong is wrong, and no i do not have to respect a evil culture as this.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I chose not to watch the video, but I still hold the view that Islam is the Yellow Brick Road to Hell.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This girl was a non Muslim, and the events had nothing to do with Islam. She was a Yezidi, some kind of pre Islamic Kurdish religion. The title of this thread should be changed, and the OP should apologize to Muslims and Islam.

Sorry no DIFFERENCEEEEEEE, pretty much the same to me, all think the same. And no we do not need to aplogize to Muslims and Islam, because they think the same way, what do we owe them, not a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies