Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:20 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,600,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Maybe because Mexico and Brazil drill off their own shores? And President Obama is President of the United States and not Mexico and Brazil.

??????????

No. Mexico and Brazil, as well as many, many other nations (Norway, UK, Vietnam, China, Russia, Korea, the Netherlands) are drilling in the Gulf.

If the US does not drill, these other nations will do so. Now...... do you think that China and Russia will give a damn about a spill?

Restricting US and western drilling is insane, as the entities that replace these driller will be much less concerned about the environment and any potential spills.

This is Obama insanity and makes no sense. One thing it DOES DO it to deliver leases to his friend and financial supporter- George Soros- at the expense of the US. It is entirely consistent with Obama's hatred for the US and his assualt on the US people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,778,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????????

No. Mexico and Brazil, as well as many, many other nations (Norway, UK, Vietnam, China, Russia, Korea, the Netherlands) are drilling in the Gulf.

If the US does not drill, these other nations will do so. Now...... do you think that China and Russia will give a damn about a spill?

Restricting US and western drilling is insane, as the entities that replace these driller will be much less concerned about the environment and any potential spills.

This is Obama insanity and makes no sense. One thing it DOES DO it to deliver leases to his friend and financial supporter- George Soros- at the expense of the US. It is entirely consistent with Obama's hatred for the US and his assualt on the US people.
Do WE own the Gulf? NO! We don't. But, hell, maybe we should just invade it and start a holy war against those damn shrimp, b/c they're hording oil that precious crude for themselves.

My God, you guys are sick.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
A question for the environmentalists and leftists.

Why must the US stop drilling in the gulf and stop deepwater drilling yet PEMEX and Petrobas BR (Brazil) continue on and have no plan and no pressure to stop.

I find it funny that envio's and leftists only demand that the US stop then complain that we are dependent on foreign oil. That's right, just let Mexico drill, after all they had a massive spill in the 1970's and it didn't slow them down one bit
i think the oil industry is actually more complicated than it looks

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,802,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
A question for the environmentalists and leftists.

Why must the US stop drilling in the gulf and stop deepwater drilling yet PEMEX and Petrobas BR (Brazil) continue on and have no plan and no pressure to stop.

I find it funny that envio's and leftists only demand that the US stop then complain that we are dependent on foreign oil. That's right, just let Mexico drill, after all they had a massive spill in the 1970's and it didn't slow them down one bit
This is what is known in the business as "Obama/Left logic"

Old 06-30-2010, 08:40 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
This is what is known in the business as "Obama/Left logic"
In the RW propaganda business?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:36 AM

471 posts, read 599,442 times
So all I have heard from the leftists is yes, the US should stop drilling in the Gulf because it is "too risky", but YES Mexico, Brazil, etc should continue. Only the US should stop, that will make us safer. There is no logic there.

Also, we (US engineers) are currently helping Brazil drill at even greater depths for oil.

So from a leftist standpoint I get it:

US=bad, other countries = good

US = NO offshore drilling, it is unsafe
Other countries = YES PPPPPLEEEASSE drill, take the oil, the US can't drill cause it is environmentally unsafe for the US to get energy independent. The US will keep buying from dictators and anyone else who has the gumption to drill, as they are too scared.

Modern environmentalists full of sound and fury signifying nothing.
Got it.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,785,244 times
I think the moratorium should be lifted. I do not believe it makes sense to punish everyone for BPs errors. I would agree to put a moratorium on any current and future BP operations based on their pathetic safety and environmental track record, until a top to bottom review can be done of their operations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies