Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,337,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's ridiculously presumptious, no?

Seems you need to read the affidavit, too:
bull-declaration_04-07-20092.pdf (http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bull-declaration_04-07-20092.pdf - broken link)
Presumptuous? Maybe a bit
But I've seen worst, so I know he has too.

Should Holder have dropped the charges? IMO, No, but he has, and that is his choice.
The Justice Department has never been known to please everyone on every issue.
And doing things "politically" rarely causes concern when you agree with their decisions.

Last edited by plannine; 07-07-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 08:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,978,939 times
While I would never make up alibis for the these 60's wannabes, I have to say that Mr. Bull in all his long years has never witnessed the antics of Johnny Doc's boys from Local 98 of the IBEW.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM

88,801 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Presumptuous? Maybe a bit
More than a bit. Or do you really want to give the impression that you know exactly everything someone you have never met has experienced?

Bull worked with Charles Evers, for pete's sake.
Quote:
But I've seen worst, so I know he has too.
I sincerely doubt you were on the front lines in the fight for voters' civil rights as much as Bartle Bull was. Were you a civil rights attorney in the 1960s? Link to your biographical information, please.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 PM

88,801 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Deeper look into the NBPP courtesy of NatGeo. Notice the similarities between the original BP beliefs expressed in the documentary (beginning at 6:21), and what seems to be currently taking place in our country:

YouTube - The New Black Panther Party PT.2

Last edited by InformedConsent; 07-07-2010 at 09:32 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Default Meet the crazy man that Eric Holder set free

New Black Panther Leader King Samir Shabazz “You’re going to have to kill some crackers. You’re going to have to kill their babies.” [Video & Transcript] at Ironic Surrealism v3.0

This is the guy Eric Holder set free, what a real piece of work.

Last edited by Wapasha; 07-07-2010 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
While I would never make up alibis for the these 60's wannabes, I have to say that Mr. Bull in all his long years has never witnessed the antics of Johnny Doc's boys from Local 98 of the IBEW.
I gotta give ya this one the unions are naotorious abusers in this vein, the difference is in what motivates Tony and Guido as opposed to Prince and Le Braun (Yes I'm using stereotypes, I know) to 'stand guard' at the polls. The end result is the same, and the ends do NOT justify the means , in either case. Were I to be braced, by ANYONE, in this manner, while going to vote, I would not be a happy camper. Violence would quite likely result. If it had, in either way we are discussing here, who wins? Would Federal prosecution be in question? I think so, because of the money and the politics involved. I seriously question our political system of late. It seems that anyone can use these tactics, provided they are supporting the 'popular' party. Yea yea, role reversal from the 50's and 60's, that make it right? Or are we supposed to be getting better about that felgercarb? Seems some payback (and some status quo) still need to play out aye?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 PM

454 posts, read 482,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
No and Adams can't prove what he says either.
Would you go and vote if someone like these two black guys with sticks in their hands stand in the entrance?
Come to think of it, I would probably not go in if they were standing like this at the door of a store.
That's intimidation.
What other proof you need?
It's not about being happy that Obama was elected, it's about the law and civility.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
Would you go and vote if someone like these two black guys with sticks in their hands stand in the entrance?
Come to think of it, I would probably not go in if they were standing like this at the door of a store.
That's intimidation.
What other proof you need?
It's not about being happy that Obama was elected, it's about the law and civility.
If if they were spewing out the kind of hate filled rhetoric that King was using in the above video, then a lot of folks would be a bit uneasy about walking past him and his buddy, and both armed with clubs.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Given the recent action of dropping the New Black Panther conviction for voter intimidation and suing Arizona over its illegal immigration enforcement law, it would certainly appear so.

Our Mission Statement
"To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans."

USDOJ: About DOJ
I wonder if Eric Holder has read that little thing. I don't think he has since it wouldn't seem to mean anything to how he has been operating all along.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If if they were spewing out the kind of hate filled rhetoric that King was using in the above video, then a lot of folks would be a bit uneasy about walking past him and his buddy, and both armed with clubs.
There is no doubt that the NBPP creeps were flexing muscle and getting WAY cocky. I firmly believe that they felt no harm would befall them, especially if O were elected, which he was, and they skated. Yes, there is a bone being tossed here, no doubt about it.and it is certainly racially motivated. It's an ugly mess, and it's being rubbed in our faces to boot. Infuriating, to say the least, and being justified by the panderers of the left. This will get far worse before it gets better, so, if ya voted for O, you either wanted this, or were duped by the fantasy that it would not happen. Look for a lot more strong arm from fervent Obama supporters in Nov. They will be emboldened by this, and do far worse in a few months. Couldn't be that the Obama camp knows this....could it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies