Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historiandude View Post
people who have "lines" are not people who think very hard. If i am unhappy with him in november of 2012, i will respond then by voting against him.

In the interim, he is the freely elected leader of a free people, and my countrymen have spoken. I will support their decision, as i supported their decision during the 8 years of george w. Bush's presidency.

That is what patriots do.
pelosi :d:d:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM

20 posts, read 18,241 times
hey who ****ed up the country uhm bush and all the other right wing nuts out thier in the end obomas still going to lead america to glorry just you watch.

hell just imagine what kind of mess we would be in now if the g.o.p would have won.

macain and palin DRILL BABY DRILL IS NOW SPILL BABY SPILL.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great Thread!....Not one person came up with a real answer...

But we all know that many who voted for him couldn't even explain back then what Obama's policies were...even a reporter who told an Obama fan about McCain's policy without mentioning McCain's name, wasn't told that the reporter was wrong

Actually it is NOT even funny but SAD!!!
Yep. And lets not beat around the bush. We all know why some voted for him. Here are some categories:

A. Die hard liberals/democrats. As long as a D is next to their name and they are liberal, it doesnt matter.

B. And its safe to say, most blacks voted for him because was at least half the color they are, and is a Dem. If he were a conservative, most would have voted against him because a black conservative is just a white person in their eyes. And besides, if a black Conservative ran for the GOP, you wouldnt have heard zip about "making history" from the media and Hollywood.

C. The know-nothings who are more in tune with "celebrities" and Hollywood. You know, the ones who dont have a clue about whats going on but sure know which recent celeb had a baby and sold pics of their baby for millions. They vote based on who's popular. Obama became this hip star. This new, oh so cool guy who could speak so well. He was touted by the media and Hollywood...they pushed him on everyone and made him out to be basically the messiah. For heavens sake, you had people fainting over Obama during the campaign. Sure, these people could repeat "Hope and Change" but they knew NOTHING of the mans record, beliefs, and past.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas940 View Post
hey who ****ed up the country uhm bush and all the other right wing nuts out thier in the end obomas still going to lead america to glorry just you watch.

hell just imagine what kind of mess we would be in now if the g.o.p would have won.

When did Media Matters or HuffPo say all this? I missed it but then I don't look at those people, ever unless linked by lefties. Maybe you could come up with a link.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:59 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:

You still didnt answer the question and your response was predictable.

Last edited by BucsLose; 06-30-2010 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Ill have to refrain from calling certain people idiots/losers

Old 06-30-2010, 04:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:

Wow maybe the deficit would quadruple or maybe the unemployment rate would hover near 10%, oh wait..................

Oh yeah as for drill baby drill.

Barack Obama reverses campaign promise and approves offshore drilling | World news | The Guardian

"Barack Obama reverses campaign promise and approves offshore drilling"

LOL. Now go to bed junior.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM

268 posts, read 454,029 times
Quote:

Thank you for proving my point!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
That doesnt make sense. You, being one of the people politicians are suppose to work for, should keep an eye on what is going on. You should be out spoken and speak out when this sort of garbage is going on.
I speak out plenty. But I am not the sort of self-loathing, self destructive idiot who would cripple my own nation because I lost the election and would rather have a failed President than a successful nation. A Limbaughesque desire to see my President fail is a completely alien idea to me. It does strike me as profoundly unAmerican.

But hey... that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose
I dont advocate mocking our current President. Im against that, but I am for taking him to task for specific things he is doing. During the Bush years, it was nothing but mocking. Politicians telling school kids that Bush is stupid. The news media bashing him just to bash him.
Please tell me that this is not really what you think the most important issue is confronting our nation right now? We are barely clawing our way out of the worst economic disaster in some 80 years, and you are worried about mockery?

Patton once said that, "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." And yet the hatred for this President runs so deep that an entire political party has decided that we will execute no plans at all.

I'm sorry. But that's just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose
There is no reason you should sit idle and just wait for Nov '12. You can still influence or at least try to by going to rallies and protests (peacefully). Getting a hold of your state rep and let them know how you feel.
I am doing that. And my message is to support this President and get this nation moving. I vote for people to govern, not to refuse to govern.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
So, we should justified why we like POTUS. Really!

Hey, if you don't, then you don't. I really don't care why. That's your opinion.

I'm disappointed in some of his decisions, but that's expected. He's my Prez and I support him.

I'll take O's intellect over Bush's gut feeling any day!

OHB...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
So you are saying that you never said anything against Bush, you only supported him?
I even voted for him once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies