Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

Glenn Beck is doing nothing other than what he has always said he was intending to do, make money off a lot of truly lost people. Hey, I wish I would have thought of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
Restoring Honor - 8.28.10 (http://www.glennbeck.com/828/donate.html - broken link) donation page

Restoring Honor - 8.28.10 homepage

Quote:
Come join Glenn, Sarah Palin, Jo Dee Messina and Marcus Luttrell at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. on August 28, 2010 for the Restoring Honor Rally. This non-political, non-partisan event will recognize our First Amendment rights and honor the service members who fight to protect those freedoms.
This is from the official page of the rally. The top link is from the donation page and it does explain that the money goes to the rally first. The second link is the rally homepage.

I need to start getting some sleep if I'm looking up stuff on Glenn Beck.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:57 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
The money was always for the rally , then they thought if they got extra , they would find a charity to give it to . They found one.

He has never hurt a fly .

Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The 8/28 rally is real

The 8/28 rally will happen
Yep...made my hotel reservations last week.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
The money was always for the rally , then they thought if they got extra , they would find a charity to give it to . They found one.

He has never hurt a fly .
If that is true, it should have been made clear. His website touts money for SOWF, yet he doesnt tell you other than in the tiny, fine print at the bottom about how "oh by the way, donating on my site to SOWF will go to the Rally first, till its paid for.

And look, im all for his Rally. A Rally where they will start off by saluting our military and veterans. Im all for an attempt to Restore Honor and the premise for why he says he wants to do this. I thought it was a great idea, and especially loved the idea of banning signs. But I think if there are things hes not telling us or being unforthcoming about; I think that is wrong. How many times a day does he tout the line about this being on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial? Yet IF Bill Press is actually not lying, it wont be on the steps, but at the Reflection Pool. And that's if its done at all, since Press also states that he was told by the NPS there is no permit yet.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:46 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times
wow, democrats in office stealing billions of dollars in tax payers money for use on new rooms in the house of reps to USE SPECIFICALLY FOR LOBBYIST DEALS. and money for hotel rooms, and car services,

and you're complaining about Glenn Beck paying for a rally with the ticket money?

Glenn Beck makes over 250,000 a year (way over) he gets taxed in the highest tax bracket, and he actually pays it, (unlike our politicians)

he gives donations to more charities than YOU'VE ever heard of.

the reason to sell tickets is to support operating costs, and you liberals would understand that if you had an ounce of capitalism in you.

he does not keep the excess money made on the tickets, he gives it to charity, this happens often with his ticket sales.

i can't end this post with enough disdain.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
wow, the things people complain about.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:43 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Are there any actual "tickets"? I didn't see that. It looks like the event is free.

On the donations page, 3 out 4 paragraphs under the "Online contributions for Restoring Honor Rally" title talk about the "Special Operations Warrior Foundation" and what that foundation is doing to benefit the children of veterans.

A quick reading of these paragraphs would lead someone to believe that is where the donation is going. However as the title states that is not where the money is going. In very small type at the bottom of the page: "All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these costs will then be retained by the SOWF"

A page I got to from clicking on a Donate Now button next to the title "THE SPECIAL OPERATIONS NEEDS YOUR HELP!"

Is this really a way to honor the "service members who fight to protect those freedoms."

Clearly it is recognizing "our First Amendment rights" which allow us to say and do all kinds of offensive things.

My suggestion is that if you were moved by the appeal on the donation page that you donate directly to SOWF at Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

One way to Restore Honor is to act Honorably.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
wow, democrats in office stealing billions of dollars in tax payers money for use on new rooms in the house of reps to USE SPECIFICALLY FOR LOBBYIST DEALS. and money for hotel rooms, and car services,

and you're complaining about Glenn Beck paying for a rally with the ticket money?

Glenn Beck makes over 250,000 a year (way over) he gets taxed in the highest tax bracket, and he actually pays it, (unlike our politicians)

he gives donations to more charities than YOU'VE ever heard of.

the reason to sell tickets is to support operating costs, and you liberals would understand that if you had an ounce of capitalism in you.

he does not keep the excess money made on the tickets, he gives it to charity, this happens often with his ticket sales.

i can't end this post with enough disdain.
Well said

Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Glenn Beck is the anti-Christ! I am more convinced of that now. He is a disgraced to humanity. Those of you who admit to watching him/admiring him....be prepared to explain that. The man is a lune, a psychotic freak, who would serve this nation if he was locked up in the state hosptial, in a small padded room.

But given many right-wing posters in this forum, you'll be right behind him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies