Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,395 times

Advertisements

Males high fiving could lead to homosexuality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,279 times
It's unbelievable that prudes and homophobes are getting their way. They should be locked up!

At this rate, in 20 years nobody is going to get laid and the human species will become extinct!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:28 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
That's fine with me. Kids don't need to touch each other at school. They need to keep their hands to themselves. It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
What are the only other institutions that don't permit touching of any sort? Prisons.

I strongly disagree with you on this. Consider an environment where your child spends eight or more hours a day where the rule is:
  • No kissing
  • No patting
  • No handshaking
  • No hugging
  • No reassuring touches
  • No hand holding
  • No contact sports

No affection what-so-ever. I wouldn't want my kid growing-up in an atmosphere where everyone is so paranoid of mutual touching that he or she becomes starved of affection from friends. To raise children in an atmosphere where touch is forbidden is to starve them of something they desperately need. Children also tend to act before they think and the idea that they will be able to follow such a ridiculous rule is to misunderstand their nature and do them emotional harm in the end.

How is it so many have forgotten that children are children. They need love, activity, outlets for energy, challenges, responsibilities, forgiveness, friends, accomplishment, and yes, physical and emotional affection. To criminalize such necessary positive behavior that comes naturally to children, to humans, is to criminalize the most wonderful part of being human. In this case it's not the kids who have a problem but the twisted reasoning of a school district gone mad with yet another absurd, "zero tolerance," policy that can't discriminate between good touching and bad touching. If these alleged educators can't tell the difference between a hug and a black eye then maybe they shouldn't be teaching. Schools act in loco parentis, not as concentration camp guards.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
It's unbelievable that prudes and homophobes are getting their way. They should be locked up!

At this rate, in 20 years nobody is going to get laid and the human species will become extinct!
As long as there are hetrosexuals humans will not become extinct.

I haven't really looked into their reasoning for the hands off policy. Is it a radical decision because of physical violence?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:45 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
As long as there are hetrosexuals humans will not become extinct.

I haven't really looked into their reasoning for the hands off policy. Is it a radical decision because of physical violence?
I don't know why they're doing this either.

Sure, I was exaggerating, but if taken too far, heterosexuals could get detention or expelled from school if they catch male and female holding hands, kissing, or even hugging each other. A touch on the forearm? She gets detention. Ridiculous. I'm concerned about the kind of message that sends to the kids, and how it will affect them throughout adulthood.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Bureaucracies are great sources of amusing logic taken to the extream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies