Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,394,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post

Come up with your own caption.

(on another note....this guy is going grey...quickly!)
The eagle in my left hand is flying, the eagle in my right hand just crapped, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
What a lame thread.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:31 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,863,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
"Allah' happens to be the same as the God of Abraham. The word allah, is simply the arabic word for god. Just like theo is the greek word for god.

Same faiths, same God. If you worship to God [also known as Deo, Dieu, Dios, Theo], Yaweh or Allah, it's the same God. That's my caption.

I felt the need to point this out somewhere, b/c it really bothers me. lol.
Totally incorrect. Christians believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, Muslims don't ,so even though the word Allah in Arabic means God it is not the same God that Christians worship.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Another crap thread. Big surprise. Obama is not a Muslim, the quote is out of context.

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

If you're going to use a quote, be honest enough to use the entire quote, in context.

Last edited by carterstamp; 07-02-2010 at 05:49 AM..

Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,079,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
A grown up quote, that I am trying to follow myself. Just like grown ups should stand up against the ugly political winds for ANY group. Holocaust victims can certainly tell you about ugliness that political winds can entail, and standing up against them, requires an understanding that most lack.

Fortunately, that was not lacking in the founders when they ensured this country didn't write rules favoring a religion. It was that drive to try and eliminate that threat of an ugly political wind in the longer term.

The quotes are taken out of context.

FactCheck.org: Did Obama write that he would "stand with the Muslims" and that he nurses a "pervasive sense of grievance and animosity" toward whites?

This nonsense keeps popping up, like the birfer theories, UFOs, tin hats, etc.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,778,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Totally incorrect. Christians believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, Muslims don't ,so even though the word Allah in Arabic means God it is not the same God that Christians worship.
Jesus is also a Muslim Prophet, buddy. In fact they believe in all the Christian things minus him being the Messiah/Son of God.

Allah is the God of Abraham. Jesus, is the son of the God of Abraham. The God of Abraham is the God of Israel.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:10 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Quote:
Jesus is also a Muslim Prophet, buddy. In fact they believe in all the Christian things minus him being the Messiah/Son of God.

Allah is the God of Abraham. Jesus, is the son of the God of Abraham. The God of Abraham is the God of Israel.
Thank you! I suppose they also believe the God Jews believe in is a different God as well, although Jesus was a Jew. The difference is, Jews don't believe that he is the messiah. I guess Jehova is a different God as well since Jehova's witnesses believe that the second coming of Christ has already occured. I am not seeing the logic in believing that these are not the same God. The same God is referred to by many names and many religions stemmed from the belief in this same God. The ignorance never ceases to amaze me but I guess if you refuse to learn anyting outside of your own beliefs and way of life, this is what happens. SMDH!

Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,446,962 times
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XeVWFxGIW20/Sy0qcdrgM5I/AAAAAAAAACw/-Skem6GxyG4/s320/t_chavez_335.jpg (broken link)

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100701/capt.3014b69ea2a446d98844b77203e0bd4d-3014b69ea2a446d98844b77203e0bd4d-0.jpg?x=400&y=254&q=85&sig=tR.MbrhCeEbtM24Rotq3WQ-- (broken link)

Old 07-03-2010, 12:34 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,169,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
so what is that supposed to suggest? I mean anyone can offer examples from just about any political figure.

Look, Bush salute

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/history/...i%20Salute.jpg

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/images/inc..._2007_hand.jpg

Bush's first love (http://www.treehugger.com/bush-abdullah-holding-hands.jpg - broken link)

Bush bow

YouTube - President Bush Drunk Again

Old 07-03-2010, 01:09 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,562,458 times
Quote:
Then why did they put King of the Jews across the top of His cross He was hanged from in mockery of Him having been born a Jew and their proclaiming Him as being a king?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies