Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,154,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Palin recalled her youth when her father set pins in Idaho. "My Dad was on a Thursday
night bowling league," she said. "He bonded with his buddies. I have memories of that
point of my life which mean very, very much to me."

Palin was three months old when she left Idaho. Maybe there's some explanation for this that
I don't know of yet. But the truth is: Palin constantly makes stuff up to appeal to whatever
audience she is in front of.
Another Odd Lie? - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,491,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post

It reminds me of Al Gore. At one point he had said he remembered sitting in on congressional hearings as a kid when the Interstate Highway System was being debated.

It was pure fantasy. He wasn't there.

Politicians often times lie. Palin is nothing new or different.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,017,870 times
Anybody who does family history knows what a manufactured memory is. Hear a story enough times, and it becomes your own. There is nothing unusual or pernicious about it.

I don't like Sarah Palin one whit. But on this one, she gets a free pass.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:07 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,244,119 times
Surely she knows she was only 3 months old when the family left Idaho. I agree this is miniscule, but still. . . .

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 PM

38,608 posts, read 26,234,469 times
Quote:

So where's the quote?

I know you said she said that, and the writer says she said that, but I don't see the quote anywhere.

I see where the writer leaves himself an out so he doesn't get sued.

"Maybe there's some explanation for this that I don't know of yet."

Way to stick to your guns!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,119,325 times
Quote:
And im guessing you had nothing to say when Obama stood in front of a large group of people, recounting where/how he met his wife. Unfortunately, that statement he gave that day was wrong. He said he met her in class, when he actually met her at some law firm.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/07/obama-forgets-where-he-met-his-wife-it-was-at-bernadine-dohrns-law-firm-video/ - broken link)

Oops. Thats okay if you werent aware of that. Because the media and SNL didnt think that was worth covering either, because it wasnt Sarah Palin making a gaffe

Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,045,442 times
Amazing. I can't remember what color my underwear is, and Sara can remember stuff from when she was 3 months old.

(Just checked--I'm going commando)

Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,216,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Amazing. I can't remember what color my underwear is, and Sara can remember stuff from when she was 3 months old.

(Just checked--I'm going commando)
Did she say she remembered when she was three months old, or that she recalls memories of that era in her life?
"My Dad was on a Thursday night bowling league," she said. "He bonded with his buddies. I have memories of that
point of my life which mean very, very much to me."
I remember my parents recalling an era in their lives that made an impression on me, especially the time during the Depression. I didn't live through it, but I have memories of their struggles based on their stories about that era.

Secondly, this is harmless. No one died as a result, and no one suffered as a result of her comments. If you were unbiased, then you would recognize the numerous lies that have been told by Obama.

I'm a conservative, do not like Palin, and desperately hope she is not a factor in 2012. I fail to understand why so many liberals are so fixated on every word she says.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,403,441 times
Here's an AMAZING memory for you:

Quote:
"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --Barack Obama at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon"

Old 07-02-2010, 10:44 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,154,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
And im guessing you had nothing to say when Obama stood in front of a large group of people, recounting where/how he met his wife. Unfortunately, that statement he gave that day was wrong. He said he met her in class, when he actually met her at some law firm.

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/07/obama-forgets-where-he-met-his-wife-it-was-at-bernadine-dohrns-law-firm-video/ - broken link)

Oops. Thats okay if you werent aware of that. Because the media and SNL didnt think that was worth covering either, because it wasnt Sarah Palin making a gaffe
Where do you see "Obama" in the title of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies