Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for an openly gay candidate for the US presidency if you agreed with his or her posit
Yes 90 73.77%
No 29 23.77%
Not sure 3 2.46%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:43 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
The Commander in Chief/Head of State of the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, is a Queen [pun intended]. She's perhaps the most respected person in the world. But a woman, elderly in fact. So thpse nations soldriers fighting right now, should just get up and leave because they are subordinate to a old woman?

You know what the difference is? I bet you don't. As a monarch she is the end all be all of their government. A president, woman or gay man, isn't. The presidency is an office to be filled. IT IS NOT A PERSON. That is the Constitutional fact of the matter.

Again, small mindedness and blatant bigotry in this day and age isn't really acceptable anymore, at least not in public.
You are confused...............The Queen of England is a figure head........the Prime Minister , an elected official,does not answer to her, nor do the Troops. Most people today understand that the British Monarchy although still has the power of veto, never exercise it, making it for all intents and purposes.....Powerless. Nice try though. Spare us with your bigotry claims , it certainly is acceptable, just turn on msnbc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 01:54 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
No problem with it if the person possess the experience & wisdom to actually run the country.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:24 PM

469 posts, read 579,014 times
If I thought the person had right view of the world and knew how to get us back on track, I wouldn't care if he spent every evening in a blonde wig and bustier, running around the White House lawn, singing, "Like a Virgin" into a Mr. Microphone. You know, just to blow off steam.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
If I agreed with their policy, I couldn't care less about who they're screwing.

as long as it's not me.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 PM

45 posts, read 27,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I can't see how sexual orientation has anything to do with a person's ability to govern, or do any other job that he or she is qualified for.

Sadly, some can not get past the idea of homosexuals existing in society.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'd vote for them. They wouldn't win, but I'd vote for them. We just barely got Obama in there after all this time. A gay gay or girl in this current climate.....ehhhh.

Yeah, America wouldn't vote for a homo any more than they would vote for a black man.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:38 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:

well said, I agree

Old 07-02-2010, 02:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:

That's good. If it's a Dem or Rep, you can rest assured that it's the tax payers they are screwing.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Epitome of oxymoron's!!...................The most powerful man in the world! Not gonna do it...........wouldn't be prudent. First they would be appointing judges to the scotus. Secondly, the number one function of the President is that of Commander in Chief! He must be taken serious! I do not want the leader of the free world to be the laughing stock by the rest of the world leaders.
Judging by your comments, you seem to assume that only a man can be President. The Prime Minister of Iceland is a gay woman, and she recently married her long-term partner. I know Iceland is tiny compared to the U.S., but I haven't heard of other world leaders laughing at Iceland because of this.

Iceland's gay PM marries partner - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Hell yeah. I would have no problems voting for a gay person if I like their ideas.

I love the gheys! :-P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies